Raytheon Technologies Space Programs - Principal Systems Engineer - Active TS/SCI Required in El Segundo, California
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a high performing engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail.
Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you’ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have progressive heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are
seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We’re looking for you.
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking excellent, technically sound engineering team members committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Communications Department and will provide engineering guidance for the verification and validation of system products through the life cycle of programs.
This position may include assignments in the areas of Integration and Test and verification and validation.
This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test in support of prime hardware. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, Supply Chain Management (SCM)/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, test automation, and product demonstration & sell-off.
• Minimum of 8+ years of systems engineering experience
• Technical experience in EO/IR Sensor Technology and Space Systems
• Experience working in an Space laboratory performing hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
• Experience in support of generating Verification Compliance Requirements Matrices, Requirements Verification Plans, Test Plans, Test Requirements Documents, Test Procedures and Requirements Sell-off Documents
• Environmental Test Planning, test methods and practices
• Experience with supporting formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
• Experience in the support of preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
• Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems
• Active and Current TS/SCI or completed SSBI clearance within last 24 months required
• Experience supporting/sharing engineering leadership responsibilities
• Experience in proposal development including Basis of Estimates
• Experience in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
• Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
• Experience developing and operating STE
• Experience with electrical design integration – interpreting signal lists, Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs), and intra and inter box knowledge
• Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
• Understanding of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
• Experience developing embedded software or firmware
• Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, Labview or related programming languages
• Proficient with standard industry tools like DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, Autocad and/or Test Stand
• Technical publications and/or patents171395
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.