Raytheon Technologies Space Vehicle (SV) or Ground Segment (GS) Program Chief Engineer in El Segundo, California
In this position, the candidate will be accountable for the technical execution of the program as the Prime Contractor and for supporting a cost-effective system solution. This senior technical position requires a top performer with mission systems engineering, space vehicle systems engineering, and ground systems engineering domain knowledge. It also requires the ability to work in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team in the execution of program goals. This role will require regular engagement with the customer as well as with internal Engineering teams, and active participation in customer and program technical reviews. The Program Chief Engineer will serve as the key technical interface to the customer to determine the technical solution to their requirements. The candidate also plans, organizes, and leads technical reviews, supports the day-to-day operations, leads discussion for determining technical decisions and designs, and interfaces directly with the Program Manager. The candidate will be responsible for meeting all technical requirements on the program.
Responsibilities of the Program Chief Engineer include:
• Provide technical leadership on the System Architecture, overseeing the Space Vehicle and Ground Segment.
• Develop and implement the technical vision and strategies of the program.
• Provide engineering program execution and technical leadership, including on proposal development.
• Develop System and Space Vehicle Assembly Integration and Test activities.
• Provide technical leadership and coordination with the Lead SE, Payload Chief Engineer, Payload IPT, Bus IPT, and Ground IPT Leads.
• Lead program readiness and design reviews as the Prime Contractor.
• Coordinate closely with the Program Manager regarding budget and schedule.
• Provide engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews.
• Establish and maintain the program technical baseline, ensuring the product meets contractual needs, and establish technical baseline artifacts.
• Provide technical support in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance.
• Provide engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality.
• Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers.
• Mentor more junior engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) plus a minimum of 10 years prior relevant experience
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
• Demonstrated Leadership of interdisciplinary teams without micro-managing
• Expertise in at least one Space Vehicle (SV) or Ground Segment (GS) Discipline
• Familiarity with the following:
SV AI&T Operations
End-to-End Systems Testing
Earned Value Analysis
• Systems Engineering: Requirements Analysis, Derivation, Validation, and Verification
• Systems Engineering: Internal and External Interface negotiation and management
• Advanced degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical issues and impacts to a non-technical audience through both verbal and written communications
• Experience in a Program Office with Regular and Meaningful Customer Interaction
• Experience with Bid and Proposal Work
• Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
• Risk and Opportunity Management
• Demonstrated Proactive and Collaborative approach to identifying, preventing, mitigating, and solving issues and anomalies
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Technical Leadership of Subcontracts
• Experience in the full life cycle development of a Space System
• Familiarity with Orbit dynamics, analysis, and planning
• Active in-scope Security Clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) plus a minimum of 10 years prior relevant experience
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.173821
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.