Raytheon Technologies Sr Prin Eng, Software Engrg in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Technologies Software Engineering team is looking for gifted Embedded Senior Principal Software Engineer in the greater Los Angeles area who is ready to take on a fresh opportunity, grow their career contribute and contribute to making the world a safer place for our El Segundo Campus.
Life with Raytheon Intelligence and Space
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) develops world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our innovative thinkers. Your contribution is vital to everything we build. As you cultivate the next phase of your career you will find solutions to complex challenges and have the opportunity to mentor team members by sharing your insight and experience. The RIS culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work. Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and define the future in aerospace and defense. Click here to view a brief video and learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space: https://youtu.be/E27yrxR4bN4
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer to provide guidance and technical direction. RIS is seeking a team member who understands ground segment development and has demonstrated successful technical leadership of ground segment and embedded software development. This position is located in El Segundo, California and is eligible for relocation assistance.
What You'll Get to Do:
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. As a Senior Principal Software Engineer for the Space Programs, you will apply technical principles, theories, and concepts associated with software development and design for Object Oriented systems. You will also be will be involved with the planning, conduct, and coordination of software designs, software architecture, and documentation. You will be responsible for a breadth of critical activities such as:
-Requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design
-Software development of data processing systems
-Unit and module software test activities
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or STEM related field.
• Minimum 10+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team embedded software engineering development.
• Experience working across functional teams to define, set up and maintain test environments.
• Experience with lab environments and equipment.
• Experience with C++, MATLAB, Python and other scripting languages.
• Experience with the VxWorks and Linux operating system.
• Experience with multi-threading and high performance computing.
• Experience successfully working in an Agile collaborative environment.
• Experience presenting to and interfacing with both internal and external customers
• US Citizenship and the ability to access US only data systems
• Must have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
It Would Be Great if You Also Had:
• Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Physics, or STEM related field
• Experience with SpaceWire and Ethernet interfaces
• Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
• Experience with Agile-Scrum Methodology
• Experience with tools such as JIRA, Jenkins, Coverity, GoogleTest, Docker, and Artifactory
• Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
#WeAreRIS #EngineerJobs #EngineeringCareers
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.