Raytheon Technologies Sr Principal Systems Engr in El Segundo, California
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Center is seeking strategic technical stakeholders passionate about effective application of principled Systems Engineering to deliver world-class sensor product technologies and solutions to our commercial and defense customers.
Applicants must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness; and will apply and develop highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, philosophies and concepts and is viewed within the company and the customer community as an experienced professional in the Radar technologies.
The Systems Engineering Center is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) / Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) to support APG-82 Domestic and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Production programs. The primary role of the APG-82 Production Support LSE/IPTL is to provide systems engineering guidance to ensure production issues are addressed and programs meet Radar systems contract deliveries. This will be a hands on LSE/IPTL.
The APG-82 Production Support LSE/IPTL will interface daily with the Program Chief Engineer, Program Manager, and other technical stakeholders, as well as, other team member engineering contributors. The LSE/IPTL is the primary Systems Engineering point of contact, internally and externally. They are responsible for engineering input to all decisions impacting product integrity to ensure the product and deliverables satisfy all technical specifications, operational requirements and customer expectations. The LSE/IPTL will report to the F-15/F-18 Production System Engineering Section Manager within the Systems Engineering – F/A-18 & Global Strike Radars Department.
The ideal candidate must be a demonstrated and effective leader motivating technical integrity in a team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of technical issues. The effective candidate must be effective at communicating and creating trust with senior Raytheon key team members and customers in order to garner the necessary sponsorship and support.
Must be willing to travel to production facility (in Forest, MS) as needed; typically 25% of the time, but can be more for station/OFP standup / sell-off activities.
Responsibilities also include:
• Partner with other Recurring Engineering (RE) & Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) IPTLs to ensure technical/engineering implementation of the program
• Ensure engineering products (e.g., studies, designs, analyses, reports, etc.) meet objectives/expectations
• Ensure productive, positive, and genuine collaboration with the development team and the customer(s)
• Establish and maintain a technical partnership with the Program Chief Engineer and Program Manager
• Technical interface with customer, teammate(s) and Raytheon administration for the program
• Review and concur with engineering inputs for all program implementation plans, IBRs, and EACs
• Partner with chief engineers at all levels and centers to ensure appropriate engineering staff
• Key presenter at technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMs) and autonomous reviews (IRs) for gates
• Facilitate program technical risk management
• Lead tailoring, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of program’s system engineering processes, as necessary
• Partner with IPTs to establish and report engineering metrics/TPMs and provide engineering-approved inputs for EACs and/or proposals, as needed
• Mentor junior engineers and support the employee development process
• 10+ years of Radar experience
• Excellent guidance / mentoring skills
• Experience working in a Radar Systems Integration Lab environment
• Experience troubleshooting hardware and software anomalies/issues
• Experience in development of analysis resources and failure trend analysis
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Active DoD Secret Clearance is Required with ability to obtain Special Access/Program clearances
• Experience working in a production environment
• Tactical software test engineering experience
• Ability to effectively implement tasks, resolve unexpected issues and meet challenging schedules in fast paced production environment
• Ability to convey technical issues and provide status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders
• Existing Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
BS in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.