Raytheon Technologies Systems Engineering Center (SEC) Assembly Integration and Test (AI&T) Lead System Engineer in El Segundo, California
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail.
Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you’ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We’re looking for you. to learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space, Space Systems click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg
We are seeking a Systems Engineering Center (SEC) Assembly Integration and Test Lead System Engineer within the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area of Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space business. The SEC Lead will help drive the successful execution of the SEC team on an Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Payload Program.
Responsibilities include interfacing with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers as well as non-engineering organizations such as finance, operations, supply chain, contracts and mission assurance.
The SEC Assembly Integration and Test Lead will:
• Plan, coordinate, and communicate with the cross-functional team responsible for delivering an EO/IR earth imaging system, subsystems, products and services as directed by the Program Manager.
• Ensure the assigned team’s objectives are achieved on schedule, and consistent with quality and technical standards while meeting the program cost targets. Foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet these targets.
• Share oversight of execution on all aspects of the design, development, integration, and test of the SEC IPT space work products
• Work alongside the Chief Engineer and IPTL to manage the SEC team.
• Must have extensive knowledge of complex EO/IR applied to space systems the level of experienced required to achieve the technical performance and objectives of the program.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight of the entire EO/IR product life cycle development activities, including: requirements analysis, validation and verification; hardware and software design and development; system level integration, interface definition; algorithm development;
• Support the development of cost proposals; risk and opportunity management, and ensure the technical solution meets the system requirements, as well as the development costs.
• Interface with the customer and establish trusted relationships and advocate for continued investment in both current and future technology investments.
• 12+ years engineering experience with at least 5 years working space hardware and/or bus systems engineering
• Experience supporting an EO/IR space projects and providing engineering technical leadership
• Experience in developing and executing system level interface, integration and test plans for space projects
• Experience with the requirements development and flow down process
• Experience in proposal development including creations of Basis-of-Estimates
• Experience in development of high reliability EO/IR space products
• Experience with the technical reviews (PDR, CDR etc) and approval of proposals
• Experience with System or Subsystem Level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
• Familiarity with cost and schedule management using a government approved Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
• Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
• Active DOD Secret clearance
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• Ability to access US only data systems
• Testing activities such as radiometric, thermal, vibration and EMI testing
• Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g. Dynamic, Vibration, EMI, Thermal Vacuum)
• EO/IR STE design, testing or operation
• Software integration and test, configuration management
• Working with operations staff, sub-contractors, team members and customers
• Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or line engineering management experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related STEM degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.