Raytheon Technologies Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) in El Segundo, California
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a high-performing engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail.
Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you’ve even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are regularly seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the opportunity? We’re looking for you.
We are seeking a Systems Engineering Center (SEC) Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) Payload Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) within the Space Systems (SS) Mission Area of Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space business. The SEC IPTL will help drive the successful execution of the SEC team on an EO/IR Payload Program.
Responsibilities include interfacing with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers as well as non-engineering organizations such as finance, operations, supply chain, contracts and mission assurance.
The SEC EO/IR Payload IPTL will:
• Plan, coordinate, and communicate with the cross-functional team responsible for delivering subsystems, products and services as instructed by the Program Manager.
• Ensure the assigned team’s targets are achieved on schedule, within budget, and consistent with quality, and technical standards while meeting the program cost targets.
• Share oversight of execution on all aspects of the design, development, integration, and test of the SEC IPT work products
• Support the technical management of major subcontracts and IOTs;
• Support the development of cost proposals; basis of estimates, risk and opportunity management, and work with chief engineers and members of the team to ensure the technical solution meets the system requirements, as well as the development costs.
• Work together with the Chief Engineer and Lead Systems Engineer to guide the SEC team
• Must have extensive knowledge of EO/IR systems due to the complexity of the technology development and the level of experienced preferred to achieve the technical performance and objectives of the program.
• Interface with the customer and establish trusted relationships and advocate for continued investment in both current and future technology investments.
• Support the
technical management of major subcontracts and IOTs to ensure delivered products meet the technical performance objectives and are delivered on time and within budget
• Support the development of cost proposals; basis of estimates, risk and opportunity management
• Provides technical guidance and oversight of the entire EO/IR product life cycle development activities , including: requirements development, allocation, verification and analysis; hardware and software design
and development; system level integration, validation and verification and interface definition;
• Foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet the technical, schedule and cost challenges
• Identify critical staffing resources and update staffing plans to provide adequate staffing to support all SEC tasks
• 10+ years engineering experience with at least 5 years working space systems engineering
• Experience supporting an EO/IR space program or providing technical guidance to an engineering team
• Experience with the requirements development and flow down process
• Experience in development of high reliability EO/IR space products
• Experience with the technical review and approval of proposals
• Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
• Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
• Familiarity with cost and schedule management using a government approved Earned Value Management System
• Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get preferred engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
• Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
• Active Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Clearance
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
• Ability to access US only data systems
• Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience with testing activities such as thermal, vibration and EMI testing
• Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g. Dynamic, Vibration, EMI, Thermal Vacuum)
• Knowledge of STE design, testing or operation
• Experience with software integration and test, configuration management
• Knowledge of space reliability and system safety
• Experience with Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS)
• Experience working with operations staff, sub-contractors, team members and customers
• Experience as an integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or line engineering management experience
• Experience in proposal development including creations of Basis-of-Estimates
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related STEM degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.