Raytheon Technologies Test Systems Integrated Product Team Lead in El Segundo, California
Do you love working with teams? Do you enjoy being in the middle of everything? The Space Test Automation Department of Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) division of Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Test Systems Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) with experience in executing and transitioning test equipment projects (both test hardware and software) across development and production environments.
This IPTL position is a significant role for Space Systems programs such as P5150 and related efforts located in El Segundo, CA. The Project Leader will maintain the execution of the schedule and deliverables, serve as a control account manager (CAM), perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities while maintaining execution rigor that is appropriate to a production environment. The role will also be a strategic position requiring daily contact with customer counter parts both internal and external. New test strategies will need to be developed as the program transitions from the verification level testing done during development, to the acceptance testing needed for production at the factory location. This position will need to develop and implement facilities strategy to transform test facilities from developmental testing to full rate production.
There will also be the need to perform test system engineering development simultaneously with the on-going production and the resulting verification & validation of the new designs as well as identification and implementation of cost reduction initiatives to enhance system affordability. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership, control account ownership, guidance and direct interfacing with customer testing organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with validated test systems to meet the customer needs and acceptance criteria.
Job Related Activities:
• Integrated Product Team Leadership responsibilities for the overall technical execution of the system engineering, integration, test, and V&V functions.
• Communication and interface to program leadership and to both internal and external customers.
• CAM duties to include cost and schedule responsibility for the production test control account, including task management, staffing coordination, variance analysis and earned value reporting. Coordination of resolution of engineering challenges through program and functional management.
• Obtaining alignment on system acceptance criteria to internal and external customer sets, timely production of objective evidence and artifacts to support acceptance. Coordination of acceptance procedures, equipment needs, and documentation.
• Planning and coordination of test design (to include travel as required to support factory transition activities).
• Lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the team on track.
• Managing Test resources (including people, facilities, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team’s plan.
• Generate management overview slides (both technical and EAC) and present them to both program and Raytheon functional leadership.
• Leading dialogs with Leadership and customers to resolve technical issues.
• Lead the management of subcontractor technical solutions and installations.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active Current Secret Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 12 years of experience in Test System development integration, and verification
• Experience with multi-functional and cross-site teams
• Demonstrated strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of the challenges of a long term production program, be able to perform affordability and obsolescence trades and manage a large team
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Systems Engineering experience with RF related products
• Project Financial Manager experience
• Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
• Agile Development Methodology
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering) and 12 years of related experience.
Desired Education & Experience:
Masters Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering) and 12 years of related experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.