Raytheon Technologies Writer and Communications Specialist in El Segundo, California
This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
Partner with RI&S DT service leaders & RI&S Comms to provide highest level of transparency with internal and external DT communications. The ideal candidate is a team player, an excellent communicator, strong writer, creative, and naturally curious.
• Supports strategic & tactical communications efforts that impact the entire DT organization, including but not limited to: online digital media materials, websites, short-form articles and blog materials, video scripts, newsletters, brochures, communications campaign materials, and presentation materials
• Edits, writes, and/or rewrites articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate information to a wide range of internal and external audiences
• Advises writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications
• Collaborates with DT leaders and employees to execute communication strategies & plans to provide the highest level of transparency and achieve desired communication outcomes
• Work with subject matter experts to synthesize technical concepts and translate them for general audiences
• Aligns to RTX and RI&S Communications' schedule and RI&S branding & style guidelines
• Contributes in the planning, development, & execution of communication campaigns, initiatives and events
• Explores, develops & executes creative, innovative communication designs & channels to resonate with targeted audiences and achieves desired outcomes
• Measures & evaluates communications outcome performance
High level of writing, editing, proofing and verbal communication skills
Experienced in developing and implementing results-based communication strategies
Proven ability to transform complex technical information into concise, easily digestible content for general audiences
Creative and critical thinker, able to work through ideas from conception to execution
Experience crafting presentations for executive and other high-level audiences
Proven ability to independently produce top-notch communication materials including online digital media materials, website copy, shortform articles and blog materials, video scripts, newsletters, brochures, communications campaign materials, and presentation materials
5+ years of writing/communications experience
All candidates should be prepared to share, during their interview, a portfolio with different types of content produced.
• Experienced in Digital, IT and/or A&D industry
• Project management experience in the communications or marketing areas
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.175253
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.