Raytheon Technologies ICM Field Engineer - Expert in Fairfax, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Field Engineer - Expert in the Fairfax, VA area.
The right candidate will have and maintain a keen awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development, deployment and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for hardware/software/network systems and applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; analysis of site requirements; tracking progress of assigned installations and upgrades; and working closely with Customer personnel and Project Managers/Coordinators to provide visibility into project equipment and needs.
Additional support includes working with the procurement team for identification of required equipment or components to support recap, build-out of systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel; test, inspection, verification of all customer systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
• Familiarity with Cisco network devices configuration, deployment, support, routing protocols, and Cisco IOS.
• Knowledge of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) TCP/IP, Ethernet, Quality of Service (QOS), and Optical Networking.
• Proficient in installation of commercial leased lines, power systems, Type-1 Crypto, fiber cabling, and network equipment devices.
• Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
• Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
• Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
• Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
• Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
• Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
• Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
• Experience with McAfee product suite.
• Demonstrated strong performance as an Engineer, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle.
• Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
• Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Experience working in Customer CONUS/OCONUS environments
• Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
• Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
• Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
• Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
• Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
• Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
• Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
• Secure remote mobile computing.
• Weapons Certification Not required for hire, but must be willing and capable of becoming certified.
• OCONUS travel roughly up to 10%, including hazardous locations as required, and roughly 50% CONUS travel as required. Requirements are based on customer mission and needs and subject to adjust.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field, and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience with 9+ years relevant experience to the skillset.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.191445
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.