Raytheon Technologies Technical Support Specialist in Forest, Mississippi
Extensive knowledge to perform a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, engineering, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, line maintenance and/or chemical handling. Tests, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical, computer, laboratory and scientific systems and/or equipment. May assist in the development of procedures. Selects, sets up and operates engineering and scientific equipment. Observes, analyzes and reports test data; and when appropriate makes necessary repairs to equipment. Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks. May include configuration/data administration. Checks for work correctness. May assist in instructing work, assigning and outlining tasks. Candidate will also be responsible for training/mentoring junior test technicians.
• 6 yrs of experience
• Candidate must have a ability to work closely from approved procedures, schematics, and drawings
• Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level and effectively identify failure trends
• Ability to isolate problems between the test environment (test station, interface adapter, test cables, etc.) and the units under test and resolve as necessary
• Select appropriate test equipment and configure it based on test specifications
• Effectively communicate technical issues by generating comprehensive failure entries which correlate failure modes back to the associated test specification(s)
• Ability to interpret test data (plots, graphs, tabulated parameters) to choose pass/fail condition and resolve when further analysis is needed
• Must work well in a team environment
• Candidate must be experienced in the use of computers and software applications (both desktop and technical).
Must be well versed in computer architectures and data protocols in order to facilitate networking/interfacing with other test equipment
• Must be in good physical condition given that this position requires lifting, walking, and could involve stair/ladder climbing at the test range(s)
• 3rd Shift opportunity, but candidate must be willing to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
• Extensive knowledge of existing Radar or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems
Experience with Radar System and subsystem (Transmitter, Receiver, Antenna, Signal/Data Processor, Power Supply) evaluation
• Ability to work in a dynamic manufacturing/production test environment
Required Education: Associates Degree in Electronics Science or have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in electronics industry or equivalent military electronics experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.