Raytheon Technologies Prin Eng, Software Engrg in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
Join with us! The Advanced Concepts and Technologies (ACT) team is a growing organization with a multitude of opportunities for motivated, team-oriented individuals. ACT RI&S is interested in committed engineers and scientists who are passionate about creating creative and cost-effective solutions.
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Software Engineer (Embedded) with strong C/C++ experience to be an important participant on the software integrated product team (IPT). The team develops a state-of-the-art technologies for a mission of vital importance to our nation . Every day at Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS), our extraordinary engineers are empowered for excellence and inspired to invent in an inclusive environment where work-life balance is an elegant solution, not a slogan.
RIS is a leading provider of integrated sensor, communication and electronic warfare systems giving military forces accurate and timely actionable information for the network-centric battlefield. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
• Participating in the full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design,
implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration).
• Performing requirements analysis/definition to ensure system will meet all customer requirements.
• Integrating system parameters and software solutions into the real-time system and ensure the
functionality of the requirement.
• Participating in code and other software artifacts reviews.
• Participate in customer and vendor sponsored events, including technical exercises and lab
• Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems and Electrical Engineering, to
obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
• Software development experience.
• Embedded C/C++ Software Programming, experience with low-level, device driver configuration.
• Experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS.
• Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, and Test Driven
• Some travel to support system integration and test, customer events, and related external activities.
• Experience with Linux Kernel or Board Support Package (BSP) Programming.
• Experience with design, code, integration, and test of large systems.
• Experience with Git, Visual Studio, JIRA, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Boost, MSVC and GCC
• Experience developing and integrating OMS-based architectures.
• Domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Radars, EO/IR, EW, Network
Communications, Datalinks, Platform Integration, Weapons/Effects (Missiles, Projectiles), Command
& Control for Fire Control and Surveillance applications, Multi-Domain Airborne Sensor Fusion and
• Domain knowledge in Information Assurance and Cyber Protection.
• Experience developing, guiding, or coaching a small software team.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.