Raytheon Technologies Senior Test Software Engineer in Fort Wayne, Indiana
We have a career growth opportunity for a Senior Test Software Engineer to join our diverse Test Automation team located in Fort Wayne, Indiana supporting a wide range of Electronic Warfare and Communications and Airspace System products and customers.
Test Automation Department (TAD) is responsible for the design and development of Unit Under Test (UUT) or equivalent test equipment hardware and software to support a range of products and customers. TAD, within Test Automation & Factory Engineering (TAFE) is a growing and highly motivated team, providing quality on-time creative and economical test automation solutions.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Test Software Engineer will be to develop and maintain test software for testing environments (Unit/Acceptance, Environmental Stress Screening, Device Verification Testing, etc.) which exercises and analyzes deliverable product for our customers. Candidate is expected to follow established department procedures and instructions while working closely with program/functional supervision to ensure the overall test software requirements and design objectives are met. Candidate must be able to support cradle to grave efforts - requirements, design, integration, validation, verification, and maintenance for all test software activities. Candidate may lead small team of test software developers through develop/maintenance activities and communicate those activities to program and functional administration.
Security Clearance: The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Minimum of 5 years UUT or equivalent test software development and maintenance of automated production and testing events such as Environment Stress Screening (ESS) (Thermal and/or Vibe), Unit and Acceptance Testing (UT/AT), or Device Verification Test (DVT)
• Experience developing and maintaining Graphical User Interface (GUI) and/or Test Program Set (TPS) UUT or equivalent test software
• Experience with interfacing UUT or equivalent test software with laboratory and production tests instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, direct current power supplies, etc.
• Experience planning, conducting, coordinating, and managing technical UUT or equivalent test software development activities such as requirements, design, integration, validation, and/or maintenance
• Knowledge with software Configuration Management environments such as Subversion or Git
• Experience leading small team of UUT test software developers through develop/maintenance activities for production and testing events
• Experience communicating to program and/or functional administration UUT test software activities
• Knowledge with UUT test software proposals, schedule, and cost activities for UUT production and testing events
• Experience with C, C++, and C# programming languages
• Knowledge of National Instruments LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, and TestStand products for UUT test software development and maintenance
• Knowledge of Agile utilization/environment for UUT test software development activities
• Knowledge in cost account management (CAM) for UUT test software development
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to close on actions, drive change and empower team members to think outside the box
• Current and Active DoD Secret clearance or higher clearance
• Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering field. BS and 5 years of experience OR MS and 3 years of experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.