Raytheon Technologies Senior Manager, Program Management for Command and Control (C2) in Fullerton, California
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Program Management to be located at our Fullerton, CA location that will interface directly with international customers in the Middle East region, within the Command and Control program area in Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) Mission Area.
The candidate will apply disciplined program management processes and tools to maintain excellence in execution and will regularly interact with senior Raytheon Technologies leadership on strategy, program status and direction. The Sr. Manager, Program Manager is responsible for flawless contract execution, customer satisfaction, achieving Annual Operating Plan (AOP) metrics and develop follow-on business. The Program Manager will be responsible for leading a cross-functional matrixed team in the day-to-day execution of the program. In addition, the Program Manager will develop a growth strategy with this customer base, leveraging strong business acumen skills.
This position is contingent upon contract award and will require international travel up to 25-40% travel.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Sets program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by multifunctional team(s) and sub-contractors.
• Establishes and maintains strong customer, user/stakeholder and partner relationships.
• Sets milestones and monitors adherence to program master plans and schedules.
• Coordinates with other organizations/business areas within Raytheon Technologies, where applicable, in the development of total mission solutions.
• Manages cross-functional teams geographically separated.
• Leads proposal and new business efforts, including contract negotiations.
• Responsible for regular reporting to senior leadership on program performance, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) forecasting, monthly operating reviews (MORs) and quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs).
• Responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the financial, quality, technology, and schedule performance using the approved business model management tools including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Process Re-Invention and Systems for Manufacturing (PRISM), Risk & Opportunity, etc.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or comparable degree
• Minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience in program management or similar within engineering or operations schedule driven and performance environment
• Experience with International customers, both executing programs and new business pursuits (capture)
• Experience with Command and Control Systems, Radars or similar complex system integrated products
• Experience in Government contracting requirements such as: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and / or ITAR
• Experience with Department of Defense (DoD)/Military (MIL) Standards and the military equipment acquisition and qualification process
• Experience with EVMS, IPDS, Gates, EACs, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and / or Risk & Opportunity Management
• U.S. Citizenship
This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance within one year of employment and may require additional program specific clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
• Advanced degree in relevant Business or Engineering discipline
• Cultural Sensitivity and experience with Middle East customers
• Experience with leading and managing a successful, large complex program or equivalent
• Experience in building and leading a multi-disciplined team including members from Engineering, Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, and Quality
• Strong ability to effectively and proactively communicate with internal and external constituencies
• Export/Import (EX/IM) compliance experience on an international program
• Relevant program management certifications
• Current Active DoD security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.