Raytheon Technologies Prin Spclst, Contracts in Fulton, Maryland
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Raytheon Solipsys, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Raytheon Missile and Defense (RMD) and Raytheon Technologies (RTX). The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Contracts team and responsible for contractual management tasks across program lifecycle.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
•Request for Proposal (RFP) assessment, capture and proposal strategy, contract negotiation, customer engagement and collaboration, and contract administration.
•Acting as primary customer interface for business on assigned program contracting matters
•Advising management of contractual rights and obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks.
•Working closely with Capture Leads, Program Managers and Business/Estimating functions to construct, submit and negotiate pricing proposals; providing support to senior management regarding contractual and business issues; ensuring that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies while creating quality business results.
•This role offers telecommuting 2-3 days a week
This role can be either a G08 or a G09 salary grade. The G09 role requires additional experience and/or education. A minimum of 6 years of professional work experience is required for the G09 level position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• 4 years of experience in contract administration with 2 of those years focused on international contracting, including proposal preparation and contract negotiation (6 years for a Sr. Contracts Negotiator)
• BA/BS in Business, Finance, or related field (Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of 2 yrs. of experience)
• A proven track record of success in domestic contracting including terms and conditions, FAR/DFARS, employing policies and procedures, and Risk Mitigation
• A DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
Qualifications We Value:
• Demonstrated experience leading complex international negotiations and managing customer expectations
• Demonstrates savvy, sensitivity and passion to build and maintain positive relationships and achieve results
• Demonstrated ability to develop advanced concepts and solutions to unusual problems that involve a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation
• Defense industry experience or experience in companies that bring technology products to market in a heavy regulated industry
• Collaborative and influential decision maker
• Ability to multitask and manage workload to meet deliverables on time and accurately
• Ability to understand the financial aspects of contracts and other business arrangements; ability to contribute to negotiation strategy and possess strong negotiation skills
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills; strong interpersonal skills, and track record of responsiveness
• Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
• Capable of handling several assignments concurrently
• Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential
• Ability to provide contractual solutions to both the Customer and Program Team
• Computer proficiency, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and shared data bases
This position requires an active security clearance (Secret / Top Secret) or ability to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.