Raytheon Technologies Manager III-Program Management in Goleta, California
The Program Manager (PM) will primarily be responsible for multiple small to medium development program, either in the TD phase or EMD phases. The PM is responsible for total program performance including project implementation, business goals and customer relationships. The Emerging Programs (EP) classified programs are highly technical and the PM may also be responsible for complementary technology transition efforts. The PM must understand and participate in the Engr robust design processes and be able to lead a technical cross-functional technical team.
The PM must have thorough knowledge of USG product fielding requirements, including DT/OT&E, training and support, and transition to production and guide the team through those milestones.
The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the DoD contracting process and be able to guide a team through the RFI, proposal, and through negotiations and contract award.
Knowledge of complex IF contract types is desirable, especially Fixed Priced Incentive Development programs.
The PM will manage program performance including execution, financial objectives, risk management, schedules, and all other contractual commitments. The PM will interact heavily with the Government customer community across a broad spectrum of program progress and issues and must inspire confidence within this community that the Raytheon team/solution/approach is effective.
The PM will advise management (and/or customers) through briefing packages that EACs, cost and technical proposals, Gate Reviews and Program Plans accurately reflect the program's health and/or are achievable.
Given there are generally no direct reports to this PM position in the matrix organization, the PM must have good communication skills to engage the team and functional management in order to achieve success.
This will include working with section and department managers to ensure the team members have the correct technical skills to develop the product.
The PM must continue to evaluate the needed skills and replace team members as required. Because of security requirements for these programs, the PM will be limited in the number of people that have access.
Mentoring of these cleared personnel on how to maintain relationships with their customer counterparts and ways to provide tasking for unclassified efforts will be required.
Given the size and complexity of these efforts delegation and supervision of work products is necessary to ensure technical success as well as cost and schedule. This PM will also be required to influence upcoming requirements for follow-on programs and to expand its application to new platforms.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• 10+ years of direct work experience in program management, systems engineering, or related military experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully managing technology development programs and Engineering and Development Program
• Excellent understanding of military electronics products, systems, and concepts of operations
• Experience leading new business capture activities and winning new business in a competitive environment
• IMS and EVMS implementation and execution, to include meeting EAC requirements
• Ability to monitor, interact and course correct technical teams to support customer goals
• Experience leading systems development and/or design programs within the last three years
• Must be able to travel between Raytheon sites and visit customer locations in support of business execution and growth requirements
• Thorough knowledge of USG product fielding requirements
• Good communication skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task, address multiple issues and set priorities
• Must be reliable organized, flexible and detail oriented.
• Excellent business sense to proactively identify and resolve problems and issues quickly and efficiently
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
• Knowledge of complex IF contract types
• Experience in EW Systems
• Effective written, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proficiency with MS Office including MS Project
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or a related discipline (Master’s Degree in a technical field or MBA is desired)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.