Raytheon Technologies Material Program Manager in Goleta, California
Supply Chain Management (SCM) Principal Specialist team member supporting multiple programs. Team member is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives, and must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including supplier management.
Candidate will be responsible for managing, developing, and executing supply chain strategies and plans. The SCM Principal Specialist will serve as the liaison between Program Managers, IPT’s and the Supply Chain organization and will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The SCM Principal Specialist will serve as the leader for all program’s supply chain activities, and will advise the Business Unit SCM Sr. Manager, Supply Chain team Manager, Sourcing Manager, as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans. Candidate leads front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence on overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team.
The SCM Principal Specialist is the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. S/he will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies, and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. The SCM Principal Specialist is the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.
Other SCM Principal Specialist duties:
• Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
• Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
• Knowledge of executing the make/buy/where process
• Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
• Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
• Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
• Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
• Desire advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have a practical knowledge of project management.
• Desire demonstrated project management skills and be a proven problem solver.
• Desire Integrated Product Team (IPT) / Cross functional team experience
• Knowledge and experience of executing Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EAC’s and Material Forecasting
• Desire ability to collaborate with the Subcontract Administrator to develop statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Lotus Notes)
• Supply chain experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry
• Desire Practical to substantial knowledge of RTX projects, programs or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage daily work.
• Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
• EVMS, Earned Value certification or equivalent
• Experience supporting/leading proposal efforts
• Superior communication skills, leadership abilities, negotiation skills and the ability to lead in an IPT environment
• Experience working with Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, Contracts, and Quality functions.
• Experience working with MRP systems, such as SAP and the Raytheon Supply Chain Suite of Tools
• Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
• Raytheon SCM Principal Specialist certification or equivalent experience
• APICS Certification (CPIM, CPM) or equivalent
Required Education (including Major):
• A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or
• An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years’ experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.