Raytheon Technologies Senior Manager, Program Management in Goleta, California
Raytheon Vision Systems (RVS) is seeking a Program Manager (PM) to be primarily responsible for multiple small to medium development programs This role will be located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. This area on California’s central coast is ideally located for someone who enjoys great weather year round, being close to the beach, and mountains and taking advantage of true outdoor living. Want to love where you live and work? Then consider this Program Manager role with Raytheon.
The PM is responsible for total program performance including project execution, business goals and customer relationships. The PM must understand and participate in the engineering of extensive design processes and be able to lead a technical cross-functional technical team. The PM must have thorough knowledge of USG product fielding requirements, including DT/OT&E, training and support, and transition to production and guide the team through those milestones. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the DoD contracting process and be able to guide a team through the RFI, proposal, and through negotiations and contract award
The PM will develop program performance including execution, financial goals, risk management, schedules, and all other contractual commitments. The PM will interact heavily with internal and external customers regarding a broad spectrum of program issues, and must inspire enthusiasm that the RVS team/solution/approach is effective. The PM will advise management (and/or customers) through briefing packages that EACs, cost and technical proposals, Gate Reviews and Program Plans accurately reflect the program's health and/or are achievable. Given there are generally no direct reports to this PM position in the matrix organization, the PM must have good communication skills to engage the team and functional management in order to achieve results. This will include working with section and department managers to ensure the team members have the correct technical skills to execute the program. The PM must continue to evaluate the needed skills and build high performing teams. Given the size and complexity of these efforts delegation and supervision of work products is necessary to ensure technical results as well as cost and schedule.
• 10+ years of direct work experience in program management, systems engineering, or related military experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience successfully managing technology development programs and Engineering and Development Programs
• Experience developing new business capture activities and winning new business in a Resolute environment
• IMS and EVMS implementation and execution, to include meeting EAC requirements
• Ability to monitor, interact and course correct technical teams to support customer goals
• Experience systems development and/or design
• Must be able to travel between Raytheon sites and visit customer locations in support of business execution and growth requirements
• US Citizenship is required
• Ability to access US only systems is required
• Ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance
• Must be a self-starter
• Ability to multi-task, address multiple issues and set priorities
• Must be reliable organized, flexible and detail oriented.
• Excellent business sense to proactively identify and resolve problems and issues quickly and efficiently
• Excellent understanding of EO/IR principles, systems, and concepts of operations
• Effective written, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Proficiency with MS Office including MS Project
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or a related discipline (Master’s Degree in a technical field or MBA is desired)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.