Raytheon Technologies Software Applications Engineer in Goleta, California
We are seeking a Software Applications Engineer to join Raytheon Vision Systems (RVS), a world leader in state-of-the-art focal plane and camera products. At RVS, you will join a team of engineers and scientists who are creating the industry’s most advanced visible, infrared, multispectral, hyperspectral, and LADAR sensors and camera solutions. Our cutting edge products are used in a wide range of air, ground, and space applications, in both the commercial and defense markets.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
The effective candidate selected for the RVS Electronics and Software Center (ESC) Software Applications Engineer position will participate in multi-disciplinary teams. They will support military and commercial programs through application of industry standard, and in-house tools and development processes. The chosen candidate will be a team member working on the design, development, integration, deployment and support of RVS software.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Participate in software design and coding of test frameworks
• Unit testing with Visual Studio or third party tools
• Software integration with firmware and test hardware
• Software validation to customer specifications
• Documentation of architectures, algorithms and interfaces
• Installation and deployment of automated test software
• Functional verification testing
• Troubleshooting and support of deployed applications
• Tracking of cost/schedule and technical performance metrics
This person will learn and apply technical standards, ethics, concepts and techniques for software design and development per ESC department rules and procedures. They will be expected to address a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, working under general supervision. The effective candidate should expect to be immersed in a dynamic, team-based, and challenging technical environment where the person with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
Minimum of 5 years software development experience in C/C++, C#, JAVA, Python, and/or MATLAB
Familiarity with a source code VCS (Git, SVN) and IDEs (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
Proven aptitude and interest in solving changing integration issues
Highly results-oriented and a strong team player with good communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
• Familiarity with Agile software development workflows
• Object oriented analysis and design in C#, C++ or other OO language
• Algorithm development and optimization
• Experience coding to hardware interfaces
• Continuous integration tools and methods (Jenkins)
• Database systems and/or Web services (REST APIs)
Required Education (including Major):
BS / BA degree from an accredited university in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, EE, Physics, Math or related STEM discipline.
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.