Raytheon Technologies Embedded Software Engineer in Harlow, United Kingdom
Role: Embedded Software Engineer
Req ID: 177992BR
The Weapons area primarily supports the design, development, production and integration activities associated with the Paveway IV Weapon System. The Engineering Team also undertakes numerous development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
There is an opportunity for someone to join the Weapons team and contribute to its development and growth. This role is ideally suited to an early career engineer with a keen interest in weapon systems, and with a background in Embedded software engineering.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful applicant will report directly to the Future Systems Hardware Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will support the Weapons Team across various programmes (both internally and Customer funded) and will involve the following main duties:
• Use a background in software to work with modelling, hardware and electrical design teams to turn concepts into reality
• Working with the modelling team to ensure auto generated code meets project requirements and aerospace/defence standards
• Using Simulink and working with HIL test equipment to test software and evaluate impact on system performance
• Understanding in software and firmware development on Embedded devices
• Understanding of the hardware and software integration process
• Working with a Model Based System Engineering approach
• Working with Model Based System Engineering tools such as Simulink
• Experience in C
• Knowledge of Simulink Coder and generating Auto Code
• Experience of formal testing of software and writing software requirements
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Capable of analysing and reporting on technical data
• Eligible or holder of current SC security clearance
• Using Simulink real time and real time systems such as Speedgoat or dspace
• Experience using Simulink Coder and generating Auto Code
• Understanding of coding standards for aerospace applications
• Experience with FPGAs or using the HDL workflow in Simulink
• Familiarity with the application of systems engineering approach across the design and development life cycle
• Knowledge of ITAR and associated licensing
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience in a similar field
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 177992BR.