Raytheon Technologies Systems Engineer in Harlow, United Kingdom
Role: Systems Engineer
Req ID: 177991BR
The Weapons area primarily supports the design, development, production and integration activities associated with Weapon Systems. The Engineering Team conducts numerous development studies and investigation activities involving weapon performance and platform interfacing.
There is an opportunity for someone to join the Weapons team and contribute to its strategic development and growth. This role is ideally suited to an engineer with experience in the Defence industry with a focus on future systems.
The role will be based at Raytheon’s Harlow facility and the successful candidate will report directly to the Systems Lead. The successful candidate will have access to professional development opportunities and be part of the growing Defence Business in Raytheon UK, delivering engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide
The successful candidate will be part of the team looking to develop future opportunities for the Weapons business. This will include
Developing relationships to form strategic alliances with other Defence Contractors.
Act as a technical interface with potential team-mates / suppliers as well as Customers and internal Stakeholders.
• Systems engineering experience with Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience and the ability to think clearly and in a structured fashion
• Work with the Weapons team to assist in the implementation of our advanced weapons development strategy. This will involve working with the Modelling and Simulation team and other Systems Engineers
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbally – this will be required both internally (with other functional teams e.g. Business Development) and externally (with Suppliers / Customers)
• Demonstrable ability to converse with the Suppliers / Customers on a technical level and present technical data
• Experience of analysing and reporting on technical data
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
• Understanding of technical requirements and the ability to develop Con-Ops
• Willing and able to travel throughout UK and possibly overseas
• Degree in an engineering (or related) subject
• Experience using DOORS
• Experience of planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks
• Understanding of ITAR
• Weapon Systems domain knowledge and/or experience
• Familiarity with principles of operation of guidance systems, datalinks, navigation, aerodynamics and control systems
• Knowledge of weapon effects and explosives
• Experience in generic Systems Architecture e.g. Sys ML
• Knowledge of the certification process as part of the overall system lifecycle.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 177991BR.