Raytheon Technologies Cyber Security Project Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Cyber Security Project Engineer
to provide expert-level security support/guidance to engineering and technical IT related activities within the organization.
The right candidate will provide day-to-day support and oversight of all Information Assurance, Certification & Accreditation and Assessment & Authorization activities. They will be responsible for managing the processing of all organizational efforts through the risk management cycle, this includes closely coordinating and track risks, accreditation status, and reporting status across project teams. Generate security plans as required and be the security advocate for all system/architecture changes. In addition the right candidate will assemble and submit C&A packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/Designated Accreditation Authority; coordinate C&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel; and maintain a document repository where C&A project documentation is stored.
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Experience in an ISSO /ISSE / ISSM role
• Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Assurance policies and regulations and how they relate to the certification and accreditation process
• Experience authoring and maintaining systems security documentation including documentation of security mitigations and successful completion of DCID 6/3 or ICD503 accreditation process
• Demonstrated experience navigating the Sponsor's security and accreditation process to include certification and accreditation of an IT system to Authority to Operate (ATO)
• Candidate shall possess knowledge and experience in generating appropriate security documentation to receive proper accreditation from Directorate security personnel and correcting security shortfalls as they are identified through Agency sponsored reviews
• Excellent technical skills and analytic ability
• Good communications skills, written and oral
• Experience using XACTA Tool
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of Customer PMF process
• Knowledge of FISMA, DCID 6/3, ICD 503 Standards
• IT development lifecycle
• No OCONUS travel anticipated, however may be required based on customer needs
• Up to 10% CONUS travel, as required based on customer needs
• Candidate shall possess a minimum of eleven (11) years of experience in IT security and information assurance
• Knowledge of Customer organization and processes specific to security requirements for IT systems and accreditation/certification
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.179916
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.