Raytheon Technologies Information Technology Project Manager in Herndon, Virginia
Seeking an Information Technology Project Manager (IT PM) who can lead a mid-size development team on a program that emphasizes Agile. Daily duties include holding standups, planning work, estimating level of effort (LOE), monitoring status, and holding resources accountable for progress. The job demands excellent cross-contract, cross-functional communications with the customer and all stakeholders both internal and external. This position also demands that the candidate be able to manage a budget while balancing expenditures of time, cost, and quality and the knowledge of data management and engineering analysis techniques. Must have a TS/SCI Clearance with favorable polygraph. This position is located in the Dulles area but must be able to travel to Herndon area.
• Expert in the area of IT project management with emphasis in developing new systems from scratch (i.e. – not just COTS integration)
• Expert in breaking down work to be evaluated and then develop an estimated LOE
• Expert in managing personnel, overseeing their work progress, and adjusting process and procedures to help the team achieve a high level of productivity
• Experience with managing a budget and calculating burndown rates for both cost and LOE
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain project plans, schedules with milestones and activities, and work breakdown structures
• Proven ability to work with various stakeholders both internal and external and help negotiate solutions across a variety of systems and platforms and products
• Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
• Project Management certification
• Scrum Master certification
• Experience in various aspects of software development including experience as a IT PM, scrum master, SI, PI, or developer
• Experience in Confluence and JIRA
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.