Raytheon Technologies IT Architect in Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a seasoned, well rounded, and personable technical lead to own the applications development and operations and maintenance of multiple IT systems. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with the Technical Directors, Program Managers, and other strong technical leaders to drive the capture of business requirements, development, launch and post-launch activities. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected with the assistance of relevant team members. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with customers and leading a project team, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Able to provide input and out of the box ideas to customer and project team to facilitate innovation. Maturity, sound judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Must have a minimum of related 10 years experience and solid hands-on technical capabilities across a broad range of systems
• Demonstrated ability to assist with the design of an organization's technology architecture and implementation of software infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a subject matter expert for all the functional areas of the infrastructure in TEMs and other meetings
• Broad system experience and understanding of supporting elements of the architecture including the OS and relevant networks
• Evaluate environment and support creation of platform roadmap.
• Analyze system performance and recommend corrective and preemptive actions.
• Conceptualize, design, and implement solutions to problems reported or discovered.
• Continuously improve the quality of service provided by the networks, applications, and security architecture.
• Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
• Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other developers and engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
• Ability to work well with others as well as independently (MUST leave ego at the door)
• Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
• Strong presentation skills
• BS/BA in Software Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with multi-environment deployments
• Experience in an Agile environment
Due to a customer requirement, as a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate will be required to obtain and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment or submit to regular COVID testing.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.