Raytheon Technologies Telecommunications Specialist in Herndon, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies is seeking an experienced and cleared Telecommunications Specialist.
The right candidate will have and maintain an excellent awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for project-based development, deployment and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/network systems and applications. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the analysis of contract requirements; tracking progress of assigned installations and upgrades and working closely with Customer personnel to provide visibility into special projects.
Additional required support includes: working with the procurement team for identification of required equipment or components to support build-out of systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment; hardware and software configuration and customization; system integration and testing of built packages; pack-out and shipment of the completed packages; system integration and testing of built packages; preparation of system documentation; conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation; drawings of rack elevations; training of onsite customer personnel; test, inspection, verification of all customer systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
• Familiarity with Cisco network devices configuration, deployment, support, routing protocols, and Cisco IOS
• Knowledge of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) TCP/IP, Ethernet, Quality of Service (QOS), and Optical Networking
• Proficient in installation of commercial leased lines, power systems, Type-1 Crypto, fiber cabling, and network equipment devices
• Excellent background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems
• Recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suit
• Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V
• Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts
• Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems
• Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
• Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
• Experience with McAfee product suite
• Demonstrated excellent performance as an Engineer, developing or implementing information systems with a broad experience base across the entire project lifecycle
• Demonstrated performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
• Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
• Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
• Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
• Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
• Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
• Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi
• Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp
• Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
• Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems
• Secure remote mobile computing
• OCONUS travel about 40% to include hazard areas as required based on customer needs
• CONUS travel about 10% as required based on customer needs
• 4 years of direct relevant experience
• Weapons certification not required for hire but must be willing and capable of becoming certified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field in and eight (8) years of experience
• Eight (8) years of experience can be considered in lieu of a degree for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience.
Must have TS/SCI security clearance with Poly on day one of employment and must be eligible for crossover.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.