Raytheon Technologies Asset Information Specialist - Hardware in Huntsville, Alabama
This is a temporary position of undetermined length.
The Digital Technology (DT) asset information specialist supports asset information activities for DT Network and Server Hardware. The specialist focuses on executing to the overall direction for asset information management. The DT Asset Management Specialist is responsible for inventory management of assigned distributed hardware and networking assets for the purpose of ensuring an accurate inventory of RMD DT hardware assets and the most optimal utilization of the Company resources all while promoting asset management best practices. This position will assist with tracking and reporting on the IT Asset Lifecycle of the server and network environments including managing, reviewing and evaluating data for opportunities to improve our hardware asset management position, redeployment of available assets, and disposition at end of life. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining policies and procedures related to the inventory and management of specific IT Hardware Assets. • Implementing and ensuring data accuracy of the Hardware Asset Lifecycle Management Database. • Real Time tracking and auditing all hardware assets and reconciliation of procurement records to asset inventory. • Tracking asset receipt, deployment, MACD, and disposal of DT Hardware Assets. • Providing reconciliation results for processing of hardware maintenance renewals. • Ensuring hardware assets are monitored and maintained in the asset tracking system. • Coordinating with DT Contract and Procurement function to ensure supplier compliance with all terms and conditions of Hardware Contracts including maintenance effective dates, warranty periods, lease terms, and technical support coverage. • Provides recommendations to manager regarding asset optimization, cost optimization opportunities and process improvements. • Coordinating and aligning with technical owners involved with management of DT assets • Define processes and governance for DT Hardware • Complete internal hardware asset audits, analyze results, identify trends, and recommend and implement solutions to ensure consistent annual asset refresh costs and standards compliance • Assists with subject matter expertise on DT asset inventory operations to provide advice to other stakeholders when needed. • Enables the monitoring and reporting of asset information to appropriate leadership.
• Experience in server and networking hardware asset management attributes.
• Experience in completing internal hardware asset audits, analyze results, identify trends, and recommend and implement solutions to ensure consistent annual asset refresh costs and standards compliance.
• Experience in IT industry best practices for efficient hardware lifecycle management.
• Experience in data analytics and data management
• Experience in application of hardware compliance regulations and entitlement requirements.
• Direct experience working with Hardware asset management compliance tools.
Knowledge and experience with Eracent, ServiceNow, and/or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• IAITAM Certification
• Experience with internal RMD DT services
• Practical knowledge of project management
• Ability to act independently with minimal direction from supervisor
• Proven ability to coordinate and manage compliance risks, issues, and changes
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to build trust, with a natural desire to do well and have fun
Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM); OR minimum of 8 years’ of professional experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree or military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.183761
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.