Raytheon Technologies Integrated Discrimination Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) National Team Engineering is seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL. As a Sr Principal Systems Engineer - Integrated Discrimination Analyst , you will develop and execute high-fidelity models using object oriented MATLAB programming. The model will include EO/IR sensor phenomenology, signal processing, detection, and discrimination algorithms. Additionally, you will use developed models to conduct performance analyses and support system engineering object discrimination products for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
Document analysis results in reports and briefings to be presented to the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) and MDA representatives.
Perform as Lead of a small development and investigative team.
Qualifications You Must Have:
•10+ years technical background in modeling EO/IR sensor phenomenology, signal processing, and discrimination.
•M odeling and simulation capabilities using MATLAB and simulations for trade study analysis
An active and in-scope Secret US security clearance is required. Top Secret is valued.
Required Education (including Major):
Degree in an engineering classification (STEM), mathematics or physics; Bachelors of Science, Masters or PhD.
Qualifications We Value:
•20+ years technical background in modeling EO/IR sensor phenomenology, signal processing, and discrimination.
• Detailed knowledge of the Digital Imaging and Remote Sensing Image Generation (DIRSIG) model and multithread programming
• GPU programming (e.g., Cuda) and processing data for spatial visualization
• Knowledge and experience in support of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats)
• A basic understanding of performance parameters, technical performance measures, methods and techniques definition, sensors, missiles, interceptors, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.) analysis
• Systems engineering experience supporting large systems
• Ability to think critically and capture concepts in papers, presentations, and discussions
• Possess good communication/interpersonal skills
Keywords: BMDS, MDA, MDS, EOIR-Phenomenology, KV, decision logic, command and control, fire control systems, commitment
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.