Raytheon Technologies Mission Test & THAAD Support Program Director in Huntsville, Alabama
Are YOU ready?
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is seeking to hire a Mission Test & THAAD Support Program Director. This person will have the opportunity to work within the Strategic Missiles Defense (SMD) Mission Area for Strategic Sensor Systems (S3) Program Area to lead the S3 Mission Test & THAAD Support portfolio. The Mission Test & THAAD Support Program Director will be responsible for setting a vision and guiding the team in ongoing program execution and growth of the Mission Test & THAAD Support portfolio. This role will have full profit and loss responsibility for US/FMS programs.
This role will require:
• Leading a portfolio of programs within the Strategic Sensor Systems (S3) Program Area including, but not limited to, the Radar Test Contract (RTC); UAE THAAD; THAAD Lockheed Martin programs and other programs as assigned.
• Lead the Capture (and Wins) of future International TPY-2 captures, proposals.
• Supervise, mentor, and develop world class program managers.
• Develop and be accountable for the AOP and 5YP for Portfolio achieving or exceeding all targets for Bookings, Sales, Profit Margin and Cash.
• Be an active senior leader on the S3 Leadership Team contributing to the success of all programs, projects, functions, process and initiatives enabling overall S3 success.
This position will be located in Woburn MA or Huntsville AL and requires domestic and international travel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Set program area strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by multifunctional team(s) and sub-contractors.
• Develop and execute product roadmap that is aligned with S3 business needs.
• Accountable for profit and loss metrics for US Programs program performance for international programs.
• Responsible for ensuring the team meets or exceeds commitments including the financial, quality, technology, and schedule performance using the approved business model management tools including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), Process Re-Invention and Systems for Manufacturing (PRISM), Risk & Opportunity, etc.
• Responsible for regular reporting to senior leadership on program performance, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) forecasting, monthly operating reviews (MORs) and quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs).
• Establishes and maintains strong customer, user/stakeholder and partner relationships.
• Directs, guides, and coaches team members of all levels on problem-solving and issue-resolution.
• Minimum of 14 years of program management related experience.
• Experience managing suppliers, customers and stakeholders to meet program execution goals.
• Experience with program management tools and concepts; EVMS, IPDS, Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and / or Risk & Opportunity Management.
• Demonstrated success in capture management or similar business development activities.
• Post COVID-19 restrictions will then require up to 50% travel
• US Citizenship
U.S. Citizenship is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance on day one of employment with the ability to obtain special access as needed.
• 14+ years of experience in program management or related experience for short-range air defense.
• Experience with leading and managing a successful, large complex program portfolio or equivalent.
• Experience in building and leading multiple multi-disciplined teams to include members from Engineering, Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, and Quality.
• Experience working with internal and external customers with the ability to build strong working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and collaboration.
• Business development experience influencing customers & requirements.
• Experience in working large international capture management.
• Prior functional leadership experience.
• PMX Level 3 Certified or better, or ability to obtain certification and / or CMX Advance Certification.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required. Preferably a STEM Degree, related technical and/or business Degree.
• Master’s degree education desired.
This position requires an active security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.