Raytheon Technologies Radar Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
The System Integration and Test (SI&T) organization integrates all aspects of system validation, test, and analysis from initial system architecture, design and development, through system validation. The SI&T organization has overall responsibility for the system integration and test process, test facility management and capital planning, as well as off-site system and flight test conduct, analysis and test problem resolution.
The SI&T's Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Department (SITE) provides system engineering, integration and test expertise to the Radar and missile defense systems programs within Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD). Opportunities currently exist for Systems Engineers to support the Strategic Missile Defense (SMD) Business Area in Huntsville, AL. SMD is an integrated business team at Raytheon’s RMD that focuses on Radar technology. SMD develops Radars, land and sea based, with systems that are able to detect, identify and track targets and objects at greater ranges, over-the-horizon and in space with greater sensitivity.
• Support the advanced X-Band Radar technology; including hardware and software, for strategic and tactical Radars used as critical components in air and missile defense and situational awareness.
• Support various engineering activities that include test and systems validation, modeling and simulation, requirements analysis, data analysis, flight test analysis and overall systems integration.
• Assist the with the Radar Verification and Validation (V&V) activities with the development and performance of a V&V plan which compares simulation performance against the requirements established by the customer.
• Plan and complete V&V assignments which include collaborating with others in determining method of verification, generating verification procedures, developing analysis tools in Matlab to perform the verification, and documenting results in a V&V report.
• Work independently with general guidance provided by the task Lead on general objectives and details of unusual situations and /or requirements.
• Communicates technical issues and provides status briefings to managers and key program stakeholders.
• Travel to support program requirements as required.
• Minimum of 2+ years of engineering experience working with programming languages such as MATLAB, C/ C++, or other higher level.
• Experience working with EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, discrimination analysis, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.), and in development of test scripts
• Experience with some form of the Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Experience in applying engineering design process to implement innovative methods to solve technical problems and analyze large sets of system performance data
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma and IPDS
• Knowledge in Microsoft Excel tool development
• Excellent multi-tasking, problem resolving, and analytical skills, and able to meet challenging schedules in a research and development program environment
• Master's Degree in Engineering
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other STEM related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.