Raytheon Technologies Sr Principal Integrated Discrimination Analyst in Huntsville, Alabama
Requisition ID 177892BR
Sr Principal Systems Engineer; Integrated Discrimination Developer/Analyst
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) National Team Engineering is seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
As a Sr Principal Integration Discrimination Analyst , you will develop and execute high-fidelity models using object oriented MATLAB programming. The model will include sensor phenomenology, signal processing, detection, tracking, and discrimination algorithms.
Additionally, you will use developed models to conduct performance analyses and support system engineering object discrimination products for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
• Document analysis results in reports and briefings and present to the Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) and MDA representatives.
• Perform as Lead of a small development and investigative team.
Active Secret is required (Top Secret preferred). Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications You Must Have:
•10+ years technical background in modeling EO/IR sensor phenomenology, signal processing, and discrimination.
•Detail modeling and simulation capabilities utilizing MATLAB and simulations for trade study analysis
Active/Current Secret Clearance is required.
Required Education (including Major):
Degree in an engineering classification (STEM), mathematics or physics; Bachelors of Science, Masters or PhD.
Qualifications We Value:
• Analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats).
• Radar scheduling, signal processing, tracking, discrimination and electronic warfare.
• Developing production-quality Matlab code as part of agile development team.
• Configuration management software such as TortoiseSVN.
• A basic understanding of performance parameters, technical performance measures, methods and techniques definition, sensors, missiles, interceptors, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.) analysis. Individual with demonstrated team leadership experience.
•Able to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions
•Systems engineering experience supporting large systems
•Possess good communication/interpersonal skills
Keyword Search: Missile Defense, BMDS, MDA, MDS, Matlab, Object Oriented Programming, Agile, Radar, Discrimination, Signal Processing, Electronic Warfare (EW)
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. Together, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our support of our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by Raytheon Technologies employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the outstanding benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 177892
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.