Raytheon Technologies Sr Software Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama
Note: This is a position for experienced professionals. If you have completed your degree within the last 18 months please apply to RTX College jobs: https://jobs.raytheonmissilesanddefense.com/college-jobs
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
We are currently hiring a Sr Software Engineer to join the OSI Software Engineering team in Huntsville, AL.
OSI is a real time signal injection capability that stimulates the AN/TPY-2 and SBX tactical radars. OSI is comprised of developed software and Commercial-off-the-Shelf hardware that directly interfaces to the tactical radar systems.
The Sr Software Engineer role will encompass, to varying degrees, all phases of the software engineering life cycle. The Sr Software Engineer will work as both an individual contributor and team member using Agile development practices. A willingness and desire to work across engineering domains, the ability to learn new skills, and quickly adapt to changing environments is necessary.
Software development is primarily in the C++ languages. Some software tasks may involve Python. Git/Bitbucket and GitLab are used for version control.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Software Engineering and C++ programming
• Radar analysis using either Matlab or Python
• Multi-threaded programming
• Agile Team Member activities to include Sprint planning, demos, daily standups and ensuring deliverables meet the acceptance criteria
• Interfacing with engineering team members and management, as well as internal and external customers.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• 5+ years professional Software Engineering and C++ programming experience
• Multi-threaded programming
• Agile Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Team Member experience
ACTIVE Secret Clearance:
Must have and maintain a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
Qualifications We Value:
• Radar signal injection (Modeling & Simulation) experience
• Radar Analysis (Matlab & Python)
• Agile experience as a responsible Product Owner and/or Scrum Master
• Real-time multi-threaded software development
• Experience with and/or willingness to lead development efforts and/or participate in functional management
• Software design phase of Software Engineering and creation of UML diagrams
• Data analysis using MATLAB or Python
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field
• Strong interpersonal skills
KEYWORDS: c++, software engineering, windows, linux team member product owner, scrum master, radar, signal processing, real-time, multi-thread software, systems, eclipse, developing, developer, git, gitlab, matlab
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Clearance Information: This position requires an in-scope security clearance to start. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.