Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Engineer/ Architect in Huntsville, Alabama
Requisition ID 177918BR
Date updated 03/22/2021
Sr Principal Systems Engineer, G11; Mid Systems Engineer / Architect
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) National Team Engineering is actively seeking a Sr Principal Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL.
As a Sr Systems Engineer/Architect , you will perform model based systems engineering (MBSE) functional and behavior analysis for the defeat of conventional and advanced threats (e.g., ballistic, aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.) systems within the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area. Your duties will include:
Participating in a MBSE environment to develop system-of-systems requirements via system/component trade studies and analysis.
Contributing to publishing change notices to MDA’s system specification and update of requirements databases, architectural models, interface definitions, and DoDAF 2+ compliant based design packages to document, allocate and trace system and element level requirements.
Document analysis results in reports and briefings for critique and review by product team and National Team stakeholders.
Create and present briefings within the team and to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and supporting stakeholders.
Work in, and may lead, a multi-disciplined team of 2-4 engineers in the execution of these tasks.
Active Secret is required (Top Secret preferred). Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• 10+ years technical background in architecture development with system-modelling tool such as “System Architect,” “Rhapsody,” “Magic Draw,” or similar tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of one-or-more of MDA systems or capabilities similar to: EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, kill vehicles, missiles/interceptors, threats & countermeasures, target discrimination, or command and control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.).
Current Secret Clearance is required.
Required Education (including Major):
Degree in an engineering classification (STEM), mathematics or physics; Bachelors of Science, Masters or PhD.
• Prior use and proven competencies utilizing DOORS.
• Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.).
• Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems ((e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), a discriminator in selection.
• Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.).
• Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
• Able to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions
• Possess good communication/interpersonal skills
Keyword Search: model based systems engineering, MBSE, Advanced threats, Aegis, ballistic, missile, BMDS, countermeasures, DOORS, EKV, functional analysis, GMD, hypersonic, hyper glide, infra-red sensors, IR, interceptor, Magic Draw, Missile Defense, MDA, Patriot, Radar, RF, Rhapsody, System Architect, C2BMC, TPY-2, Standard Missile, THAAD, SPY-1, SBX, requirements development, system specification, committed
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. Together, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our support of our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that is shared by Raytheon Technologies employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.