Raytheon Technologies Contracts Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Airborne Solutions (AS) program area of Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is looking for an experienced contracts professional to join our team at the Indianapolis, Indiana location as a Contracts Manager s upporting multiple U.S. Government and prime customers. This position would be a hybrid position that would allow some tasks to be performed remotely and some need to be done onsite at the Raytheon Indianapolis facility. This position requires occasion travel to Philadelphia.
As a Contracts team member, this position requires the right candidate to provide business counsel and contribute to the strategic growth goals of the business. The scope of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: front-end engagement in analyzing Requests for Proposals (RFP), providing support to senior management in structuring sound business arrangements, developing negotiation strategies, leading contract negotiations, providing governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract, providing support to senior management in offering solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks, acting as the official point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters, and driving closure to contractual issues. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing terms and conditions and assisting program teams in performing Contract Risk Analysis covering any significant or unusual financial, technical or schedule risks. Responsibilities will also include ensuring that negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies.
This assignment requires an ability to develop and maintain trusting relationships with both internal and external customers. Candidate must be able to adapt readily in a challenging, dynamic environment dealing with complex contracting matters. Candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight, be able to research compliance issues, interpret regulations, and help in formulating recommendations.
As our Contracts Team is currently hybrid, it is mandatory that candidates have demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on new concepts and be a excellent self-motivator. A base knowledge of FAR/DFARS/Defense Industry is mandatory.
Eight or more years of experience in the fields of Contract Management, Negotiations, Program Management or related fields
• Four or more years of experience in Contracts Management/Negotiations within the Defense Industry
• Experience working with FAR, DFARS, TINA, ITAR, etc. and/or equivalent government regulations
• Ability to contribute to negotiation strategy
• Intimate understanding of contract terms and conditions
• Experience administering change management protocols (ie. tracking requirements, scope creep, customer notifications, and definitization of new work into the contract baseline)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office® suite (primarily Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Proven ability to solve problems, develop solutions, and assist the business leaders in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives
• Provide support to front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, including negotiation strategy
• Excellent and effective written & verbal communication skills (formal correspondence to customers) with excellent analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
• Ability to lead and work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust
• Capable of multi-tasking and handling several assignments, while meeting deadlines
• Ability to research compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws, and formulate recommendations to management.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment independently and with minimal oversight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Law, or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.