Raytheon Technologies Electrical Design Engineer II in Indianapolis, Indiana
Raytheon Intelligence and Space is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer II to contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules, FPGAs, and/or CCAs for a variety of DoD applications. The qualified candidate possesses general familiarity with all aspects of circuit card and/or FPGA design. Experience with any of the following sub-disciplines s of particular interest: digital and mixed signal design, configurable logic (FPGA/firmware) design, RF design and power electronics design.
The effective candidate is one who can participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply engineering tools and processes. This position requires frequent use of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques that candidates apply to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. Effective candidates work in a dynamic, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an team member with ability and initiative can stand out and thrive under general supervision.
U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Minimum of 2 years Engineering design experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM field, or a Master’s degree with relevant internship experience
• A self-motivated and effective communicator
• Experience in the development and design of electronic circuit designs, multi-assembly system/unit design, and processor designs a plus
• Ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verifying via test and integration
• Experience with PCB design tasks and demonstrated ability to use tools to design (schematic capture), analyze and simulate designs prior to hardware implementation
• Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects.
• Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
• Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
• Experience with intellectual property generation (patents & publications)
• Team and project leadership skills
• Knowledge of software and/or FPGA code development
• Experience with embedded test techniques, design for test, design margin analysis and design for production
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and 2+ years of related work experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.