Raytheon Technologies Principle Electrical Engineer - DLP in Indianapolis, Indiana
Raytheon Intelligence & Space seeks a Principal Electrical Engineer to support a critical product sustainment program. The Engineer would perform hands-on troubleshooting of failed hardware returned from our customer, establish requirements to address obsolete subsystems and components, perform trade studies on commercially available replacement parts, lead functional test efforts to quality new item use, and support the Chief Engineer and program leads on all technical sustainment initiatives.
The product in question contains power supplies with filtering, analog receivers and transmitters, processors, FPGAs, RF switching, antennas, and digital communications interfaces including MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-1553, and RS-170 interface. The effective candidate must have significant background in these areas, or demonstrate sufficient aptitude to quickly come up to speed where needed. As required, the Electrical Engineer will lead/perform the following tasks:
• Perform test and troubleshooting of customer DLP hardware. Support may include travel to FMS customer sites.
• Support program ERBs/CCBs as lead EE for the system
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing personnel during build/repair activities
• Participate in test equipment updates and modifications
• Support Government certification of test equipment modifications
• Lead efforts to source and/or design replacement parts for obsolete or near obsolete items
Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance
• Six or more years of relevant work experience with engineering design or development
• Demonstrated understanding of RF design principles
• Experience performing electrical design analysis and test for RF, analog, and digital signal processing, including:
FPGA HDL design
• Embedded microprocessor design
• Experience documenting functional specification requirements
• Experience with electrical engineering design tools (schematic capture, simulation, etc.)
• Experience drafting technical documentation including Subsystem specifications, Modification drawings, Test Plans, and Test Reports
• Experience performing integration, test, and qualification in support of ECP implementation
• Ability to work within an IPT that includes engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, quality assurance and other disciplines
• Sound ethical values built upon trust, respect and ‘doing the right thing’
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Defense (DOD) program management or Integrated Product Team (IPT) experience
• Experience with Z80 and Z8000 microprocessors
• Experience planning ECPs
• Experience in Frequency Modulated and Phase Modulated RF circuit design concepts
• Experience on DoD Internal Research and Development (IRAD, Customer Research and Development (CRAD), Technical Demonstration (TD), System Development and Demonstration (SDD) or Engineering, Manufacturing, & Development (EMD) Programs
• Experience with weapon systems or special mission military platforms, architectures, capabilities, customers, and/or missions
• Experience with DoD development process
Requires a degree in Electrical Engineering or related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field and 8+ years of related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.