Raytheon Technologies Sr. Procurement Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
This is a temporary position for an undetermined length
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) S3 General Procurement Team is looking for a Principal Procurement Specialist. This is a buying position for the team. Sources, negotiates, awards and documents purchases for materials, services, and supplies. Compiles and analyzes data to perform price analysis and reviews proposals to establish price objectives. Support early supplier identification and engagement for new business pursuits. Responsible for Supply Chain bid/proposal activities for strategic pursuits. Utilizes source selection techniques (best value, Total Cost of Ownership etc.), performs cost analyses, conducts negotiations, and identifies supplier risks. Interface with Integrated Product Teams to understand technical challenges and provide solution options for "buy" technologies. Provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture as it relates to introduction of new suppliers to mitigate risks with regard to early supplier decisions. Ensures that requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers. Manages supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements. Interfaces with internal and supplier cross-functional organizations. Compiles and analyzes information to keep informed on industry trends and manufacturing processes. Assists in the development of bids and agreements. Follows through to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures and negotiate terms and conditions and recommend final Raytheon position to Subject Matter Expert and/or Supply Chain Advisor.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Quotation activities
• Negotiations, including supplier negotiations (price, schedules and terms & conditions)
• Purchase Order Documentation write-up
• Selecting qualified suppliers
• Seeking alternate suppliers (when applicable)
• Post-award ownership in accordance with company directives and work instructions
• Compilation of Long Term Agreements and/or Pricing Agreements
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a procurement/supply chain role
• Experience placing POs/Subcontracts of high complexity and processing high volume POs across various business units
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage job responsibilities in a virtual environment with minimal supervision
• Proficiency to perform and comprehend price and cost analysis, source selection/justification, analysis of supplier quotation
• DoD procurement experience and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (FAR/DFARS) - ability to place POs over TINA dollar threshold
• Experience working with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal customers and suppliers.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and perform in a adaptable, fast paced, changing environment
• Ability to quickly assimilate new information, processes and tools
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think strategically
• Excellent time management skills - manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet team performance cadence (PO acknowledgements; PR/PO notes updates; PO on-time-delivery (OTD) confirmation; resolution of issues in receiving and inspection)
• Knowledge of buying complex electrical and mechanical assemblies
• Demonstrated Leadership skills – influence, presence, ability to interface internally and with suppliers
• Negotiation skills (internal, across the businesses; external with suppliers) - ability to lead formal negotiations and teleconferences (price, schedule and supplier exceptions to contractual flow down requirements, i.e., Terms and Conditions)
• Knowledge of reading drawings
• Use of standard computer systems focused on supplier management processes (SAP-PRISM)
• Ability to filter information from multiple sources to cultivate innovative solutions
• Experience with Raytheon Technology tools, as well as knowledge of supply chain processes
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.