Raytheon Technologies Field Supplier Quality Engineer in Los Angeles, California
The Field Supplier Quality Engineer (FSQE) is the primary quality interface between Raytheon’s RMD organization and the external supply base. The FSQE provides both communication of requirements and performance feedback to the supplier as well as being a conduit for Quality information back to internal functions within RMD. The FSQE’s role includes execution of Supplier Assessments, First Article Inspection validation, Source Inspection, problem resolution through facilitation and leadership, and continuous improvement activities. In addition, the FSQE is a key role in the management of Supplier performance and development. The FSQE represents RMD professionally and supports Raytheon Technologies' Vision, Values, Strategy and Goals in the supply base.
NOTE - this position can be either a Salary Grade G08 or G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, responsibilities and experience requirements for the position.
• Willingness to learn: Candidate needs to be willing to learn and grow into the position. Should have a foundational understanding of quality but the open-mindedness to adapt to Raytheon's culture and values.
• Emotional intelligence: Self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivated, social skills, communication skills. Able to accept constructive criticism while maintaining positive attitude and outlook.
• Data driven: Proficient with different types of data, cleaning and filtering the data to reduce noise, and creating an actionable plan to improve metrics and meet goals.
• Objectivity: Able to understand a situation from multiple perspectives and stay objective.
• Persistence: Ability to work though problems that take weeks or months to resolve while reporting out to program teams and upper management. Staying persistent is key to maintaining momentum and completing a task on time.
• Priority focused: Identify highest priority issues among several open tasks and properly allocate time and energy as necessary.
• Business acumen: Prepare, collaborate, and present to higher levels of management at both the supplier and internally. Confident speaker and communicator.
• Detailed oriented: Thoroughly review documentation for errors, organize needed corrections and communicate them to internal and external teams, and follow through to ensure completeness.
Relationships: Build strong working relationships, based on trust and availability, with internal and external teams. Strong networking skills needed.
• Interpret and ensure flow down of purchase order quality requirements and technical requirements to subcontractor/supplier (sub-tier suppliers included)
• Assess subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle (metric focused) to achieve production goals and objectives
• Identify supplier risk/systemic performance issues, collaboratively develop actionable plan to drive root cause corrective action with appropriate closure plan
• Drive continuous product/process improvements using statistical/analytical improvement tools such as Six Sigma and lean methodologies
• Collaborate with Quality functions and Cross Business Teams (CBTs), to drive rapid closure of issues utilizing analytical data and effectively communicating to stakeholders
This position requires extensive (75%) local travel in the region. The work location for this position is in the general Southern California area (Los Angeles/Orange County).
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations discipline
• Knowledge of core quality sciences and management systems
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
• Experience and knowledge of ISO 9001, AS9100, CMMI or Mission Assurance Provisions
• Experience utilizing Lean/Six Sigma or other contemporary methodologies and tools for continuous improvement
• Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate technical data to suppliers
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Independent, self-starter and self-motivated individual with demonstrated success
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)
• Applied knowledge of preventative tools - SPC, FMEA, QFD, etc.
• General aptitude in Mechanical (GD&T), Hi-Rel Electronics and/or RF products
• General knowledge of aerospace/defense products, systems technologies and standards
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certification, six sigma certification or equivalent
• Proven successes in building and maintaining relationships with multiple suppliers / customers
• Experience in DoD product and process oversight including requirements, build, integration, test and deliver
• Ability to obtain a secret clearance
• Experience with working remote• Familiarization with Advanced Product Quality Planning 178993
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.