Raytheon Technologies AESA product owner - Senior Principal (Lead) Systems Engineer in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, creative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Systems Engineer - Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) product owner!
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) moves terabytes of data daily by utilizing the latest infrastructure and processing techniques that counter national security threats. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
We are seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer to provide leadership and serve as a key contributor in the development of new Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) technology. The candidate will lead engineers and navigate this fast-paced environment - working with customers and operational analysis engineers - to develop CONOPS which will shape product roadmaps, architectures and requirements. They will work to close the trade space of the advanced hardware, software and firmware requirements to produce overall system application performance that meets the customer’s needs.
The ideal candidate will have additional hardware background experience with digital AESA antennas and a thorough understanding of associated technology, applications, and overall systems. They will drive strategy that develops distinct product lines (bands ranging from 50MHz to 50GHz) by deploying disciplined system engineering fundamentals that link customer requirements and operational analysis through to advanced hardware requirements. The candidate will be an effective advocate for building linkage and working with the customer as the advanced hardware is developed and tradeoffs are discovered.
This effort will require the selected candidate to:
• Advocate and implement effective requirement management on multiple programs across the portfolio
• Engage customers to shape anticipated request for information (RFIs) and request for proposal (RFPs)
• Lead the development of technical responses while managing, and mentoring other engineers
• Create manageable requirements links between operational analysis, customer requirements, hardware, software and firmware requirements
• Create basis of estimate documentation and supporting bidding activities
• Communicate with stakeholders, customers, and upper management on the progress and obstacles
• Present technical presentations to both internal and external customers while working to achieve schedules and technical goals
• Interface with team leads, team members, and other teams (Electrical, Mechanical, Software and Hardware) on a daily basis
• Participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress and solution status updates
• Ensure consistent application of engineering best practices and activity undertaken are conducted to common standards in accordance with outlined processes
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Extensive experience with Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) technology (design, test, troubleshoot, integration)
• Experience leading technical teams
• Experience writing white papers and responding to Requests for Information (RFIs)
• Experience writing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Experience in engineering, (mechanical, electrical, software, systems) to include a MBSE related tool set:
Cameo/Magic Draw ®
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle models (Agile) and program lifecycle modes
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycles and application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
• Experience collaborating with internal company, inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Working knowledge of ICD 503
• Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) Systems, digital active electronically steered arrays and components that comprise these systems
• Ability to translate platform mission requirements to system/subsystem requirements
• Experience with open systems architecture (OSA)
• Experience with Doors
• Design development program using Agile Framework methodology
• Knowledge of at least two systems engineering functions:
requirements development and management
integration and test
• Proposal writing
10 years' of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics; or 8 years' of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.