Raytheon Technologies Digital Engineer - Principal Systems Engineer in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, creative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
RI&S Advanced Concepts and Technologies (ACT) Mission Area is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer - Digital Engineer to apply Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodologies in support of Advanced Radio Frequency Systems programs.
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) moves terabytes of data daily by utilizing the latest infrastructure and processing techniques that counter national security threats. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
The selected candidate will need a passion for implementing modern resources and digital engineering processes. There will be multiple responsibilities to include: hands on Digital Engineering tasks, interacting with design engineering to facilitate digital engineering tools, and developing a Digital Engineering team. The Digital Engineer will have strong interpersonal skills and will possess a strong attention to detail and will provide training and guidance to other engineers on digital engineering transformation.
This effort will require the selected candidate to:
• Lead MBSE strategies and implementations on programs for artifact generation
• Prototype digital engineering artifacts and processes in various stages of the Systems Engineering Process operating in an innovative and agile environment
• Coordinate with architecture and requirement teams for compliance with contractual statement of work and established program model governance
• Support implementation and enforcement of model governance at all levels of the architecture
• Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing digital thread and linkage
• Collaborate across multiple stakeholders for the development of reusable reference models for the product line
• Develop and present technical presentations to both internal and external customers while working to achieve schedules and technical goals
• Ensure engineering tasks are completed using common standards in accordance with outlined processes and ensuring consistent application of engineering best practices
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Model-Based Systems Engineering experience to include one of these MBSE related tool sets:
Cameo/Magic Draw ®
• Experience with Department of Defense Architecture Framework DoDAF (or equivalent) standards and methods
• Experience writing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Knowledge of Agile development program lifecycle modes
• Experience supporting a Design and Development program using Agile Framework methodology
• Knowledge of at least two of the following systems engineering functions:
requirements development and management
integration and test
• Experience collaborating with internal company, inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Experience writing proposals, bidding, or generating basis of estimate documentation
• Knowledge of integration of payload and other systems onto aircraft
• Experience in Linux software development and/or Linux administration
• Knowledge of Open Systems Architectures, DevSecOps, and Agile Framework Product Development
• Experience with Doors Next Gen
• Experience with simulation and analysis tools like Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration and Modeling (AFSIM)
8 years' relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics; or 6 years' relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.