Raytheon Technologies Electrical Engineer - Analog Design RMDPower in McKinney, Texas
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
We are actively seeking an Analog Design Professional to assume a key role as a member of the Advanced Electrical Products elite team of engineers. This role is in McKinney, TX.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Act as designer on complex or challenging technical problems.
Design BLDC motor control drives used in servo applications.
Create analytical models (SPICE, MAST, VHDL-AMS, MATLAB, Excel, etc.) which prove compliance to performance specifications.
Direct printed circuit layout of high speed designs.
Design control loops and analyze stability of linear control systems.
Serve as “Responsible Engineering Authority” (REA) for complex circuit card assembly design efforts. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements.
Provide accountability to program and functional leadership for technical execution on time and within baseline budget.
Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff. These must be well-prepared, with adequate data and clear messaging.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Note: This position can be an Electrical Engineer II or Sr. Electrical Engineer I based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in electronics design with emphasis on analog design, power design and motor servo design required. Must have experience with 4 or more of the following areas:
• Printed circuit layout techniques for high frequency, low noise circuits.
• Design for electromagnetic interference, and working knowledge of military specifications.
• Design experience with position feedback and measurement systems.
• Design experience with servo control systems.
• Experience implementing motor drive and controls techniques.
• Experience creating and giving complex technical presentations.
• Design experience with BLDC motor drive controls.
• Circuit design experience with PWM drives used for motors with voltages >130 VDC and up to 90 Amps.
A minimum of 2 years of applied experience with a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
Qualifications We Value:
• Ability to design, using microcontrollers and FPGA’s.
• Digitally implemented motor drive experience.
• Impeccable professionalism.
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills.
KEY WORDS: electronics design, analog, power, motor servo, printed circuit layout, high frequency, low noise circuits, electromagnetic interference, measurement, servo, motor drive, controls, BLDC motor drive, circuit design, PWM drives, voltages, VDC, Amps
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.