Raytheon Technologies Prin Spclst, Field Svc in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space's Field Engineering is currently seeking a Sr. Field Engineer I to provide technical field support at OCONUS (Outside Continental Unites States) locations as well as CONUS locations. The OCONUS assignment will be on a 6-12 month rotational basis to undisclosed locations in the Middle East, CONUS or home base location will be at McKinney, TX. System level training will also be conducted in McKinney, TX. For this Field Engineering position you must have experience in conducting technical analysis of product functionality, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with customer specifications and configuration. Be able to troubleshoot technical problems and issues. Must possess knowledge of infrared, electro-optical weapons systems and have familiarity with conventional electronic troubleshooting techniques. You must be experienced and familiar with the tools and test equipment commonly used in electronic installation, maintenance and testing. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and have the ability to represent IIS as the initial interface with external customers and ensure customer schedules are met. Candidate may also be called upon to assume additional leadership roles and at times work with little or no direct supervision and is the point of contact to IIS program management. Candidate must currently hold an active SECRET Clearance.
Employment is contingent upon meeting all medical requirements for overseas assignments to the Middle East, including a comprehensive post-offer medical examination
· A minimum of 5 years of experience troubleshooting/operational checkout of EO/IR systems.
· Must be experienced and familiar with the tools and test equipment commonly used in electronic installation, maintenance and test.
· Must possess excellent technical writing and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional rapport with others in a small team environment.
· Experience training customers in a field environment.
· Experience operating/maintaining high energy laser weapon systems
· Prior military instructor experience
· Experience operating off-road vehicles such as the Polaris RZR
Security Clearance Requirements
· An active Secret Clearance is required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or in a related technical discipline. Work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Special Work Circumstances
Extensive travel will be required
Must be able to deploy to remote international locations
Must be willing and able to deploy to environments that may include harsh living environments (extreme heat and cold, deployed living conditions, etc.) and/or hostile work environment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.179696
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.