Raytheon Technologies Principal Electrical Engineer - Analog Design RMDPower in McKinney, Texas
Req ID 178595BR
Title Principal Electrical Engineer – Analog Design
Job Code(s) CD67
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Electrical Product Team (EPT) provides engineering design, integration and production to Missile, radar, sonar, torpedo, and combat system competencies including power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas, control actuation system and microwave sub-assemblies.
The Advanced Electrical Products Department (AEP) within the Electrical Product Team (EPT) is responsible for design engineering including the following areas:
• Hardware Engineering
• Digital Subsystems Integration and Test
• Component, ECAD, Proto Development
• FPGA/ASIC Design
• Guidance FPGA Products
• System Power and Analog Controls
The System Power and Analog Controls section is a team of engineers responsible for supporting the design, development and validation of power and actuation (servo) subsystems for various Missile systems and other defense applications, such as: Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer – Analog Design, you will be responsible for supporting and driving the execution of product development projects. You will be working as or with a Team/Technical Lead and under the guidance of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. This position is located in McKinney, TX.
Act as designer on complex or challenging technical problems.
Design BLDC motor control drives used in servo applications.
Create analytical models (SPICE, MAST, VHDL-AMS, MATLAB, Excel, etc.) which prove compliance to performance specifications.
Direct printed circuit layout of high speed designs.
Design control loops and analyze stability of control systems.
Serve as “Responsible Engineering Authority” (REA) for complex circuit card assembly design efforts. Generate and/or compile all required analysis and documentation verifying compliance with program and performance requirements.
Provide accountability to program and functional leadership for technical execution on time and within baseline budget.
Present technical briefings to management, program officials, and technical staff. These must be well-prepared, with adequate data and clear messaging.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer you will work in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on execution and engineering excellence, using established business and engineering tools and processes.
Up to 10% travel may be required in order to interact with internal/external customers and leadership team members.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
Qualifications You Must Have:
• 8+ years of experience in electronics design with emphasis on analog design, power design and motor servo design
• Printed circuit layout techniques for high frequency, low noise circuits
• Design for electromagnetic interference, and working knowledge of military specifications
• Design experience with servo control systems, implementing motor drive, controls techniques and BLDC motor drive controls
Qualifications We Value:
• Understanding and working knowledge of non-linear systems and control theory
• Rad-Hard Design experience
• Siemens/Mentor tools for schematic capture
• Design experience with position feedback and measurement systems
• Hands-on experience with PWM or SVM for voltage modulation in power electronics inverters
• Hands-on experience with software (i.e. DSP) or firmware (i.e. FPGA) implementation of vector controllers for electric machines
• Hands-on experience designing power electronics inverters or controlled rectifiers
• Experience creating and giving complex technical presentations
• Ability to create system models capturing implementation-specific characteristics such as propagation delays, quantization, discrete time, sensor non-linearities
• Familiarity with Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) systems and their use for motion control applications
• Understanding and working knowledge of project management (including EVMS)
• Understanding and working knowledge of requirements management (including DOORS)
• Familiarity with commercial or military power input/quality requirements and specifications (DO-160, • MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1399 or MIL-STD-1275)
• Prior experience as engineering Team Lead (hardware, electrical or integration)
• Hands-on experience with 1-100 kW systems (bus voltages in the range of 270-1000 VDC)
• Control system design using Matlab/Simulink or equivalent
• Active DoD security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.