Raytheon Technologies Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering team!
Rated the best at what we do, RI&S moves terabytes of data daily by utilizing the latest infrastructure and processing techniques that counter national security threats. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Engineering experience in areas of image processing and analysis
- Including image processing - Detection and tracking of targets including multispectral applications
• Experience using tools for target detection and image performance analyses
Programming examples include: Matlab, C/C+, C# and Python
Experience with Matlab Toolboxes including Imaging, Signal Analysis, Statistics or Aerospace
• Working knowledge of EOIR performance modeling.
• Occasional travel to off-site locations (CONUS and OCONUS)
• Skilled at anticipating problems, working impromptu customer requirement changes and planning to mitigate them
• Experience working in cross discipline teams and in classified environments
• Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools such as Cameo or Rhapsody
• Experience with low-level programing in both Windows and Linux environments for embedded systems utilizing Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), microcontrollers or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
• Experience with hardware and device interfaces such as Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP, more); Video, Global Positioning System (GPS) and others
• EOIR performance modeling, specifically for airborne infrared search and track applications
• Able to design linear and non-linear filtering concepts for target detection and understanding multiple hypothesis tracking with multiple interactive model application for end-to-end processing
• Use of Black Magic Video devices for image capture and video generation for Hardware In the Loop (HWIL) testing
• Skilled in DOORS or Next Gen DOORS
• Microsoft Office applications, to include MS Visio and MS Project
8 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 6 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.