Raytheon Technologies Principle Model Based Engineer (MBSE) System Engineer in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing! We are pursuing top candidates to join the Raytheon Technologies team and support our vision to be “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”.
RI&S Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) is seeking a highly skilled Principal Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE)!
Rated the best at what we do, Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) moves terabytes of data daily by utilizing the latest infrastructure and processing techniques that counter national security threats. We are a state-of-the-art technology company because of our creative thinkers.
Our employees matter! Your contribution is vital to everything we develop. As you design your career path you can be mentored through intriguing challenges. The RI&S culture fosters collaboration and respect while doing meaningful work.
Join us! Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Raytheon Intelligence & Space (https://www.raytheonintelligenceandspace.com/)
We are seeking a Principle Systems Engineer, with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) experience to support program area responsibilities. This engineer will be responsible for the development of automation scripts, test execution, and the release of software requirements and deliveries. The person in this role will participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates to the team lead.
This effort will require the selected candidate to:
• Utilize Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and act as a subject matter expert enabling the team to efficiently model systems
• Perform system engineering tasks including:
defining system architecture
developing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Present technical presentations to both internal and external customers
• Participate in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration, and test
• Interface with team leads, team members, and other teams (Software and Hardware) on a daily basis
• Participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates
• Ensure consistent application of engineering best practices and activity undertaken are conducted to common standards in accordance with outlined processes
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Experience writing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Experience with systems engineering technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
• Working knowledge of ICD 503
• Experience in engineering, (mechanical, electrical, software, systems) to include one of the MBSE related tool set:
Cameo/Magic Draw ®
• Knowledge of at least two systems engineering functions:
requirements development and management,
integration and test
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycles and application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
• Experience collaborating with internal company, inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters
• Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• Experience writing proposals, bidding, or generating basis of estimate documentation
• Knowledge of integration of payload and other systems onto aircraft
• Experience with Doors Next
• Design development program using Agile Framework methodology
• Skilled at anticipating problems and planning to mitigate them
• Experience with open systems architecture (OSA)
• Experience writing white papers and responding to requests for information (RFIs)
8 years of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics; or 6 years of relevant experience with a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.