Raytheon Technologies Senior Engineer, Systems Engineering in McKinney, Texas
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is growing!
RI&S is the provider of Radar, EOIR Targeting and Imaging, Electronic Warfare, High energy Laser, Satellite Sensors and other advanced Systems which provide the U.S. War Fighter with the Advanced Concepts and Technologies (ACT) team is seeking committed engineers and scientists who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions.
We have an immediate career opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer, Systems Engineering to join our team in McKinney, TX.
We design and integrate optical sensors into unique automated systems to perform research and development for our customer in fielded environments. The engineer will execute all aspects of the systems engineering discipline, to include system design, build, integration and test, mentoring/training, deployment and sustainment activities.
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
• Engineering experience in areas of electronic/mechanical/hardware systems design, build, integration and test
• Electrical design of cross-platform systems, subsystems and components across multiple communications protocols
• Experience with low-level programing in both Windows and Linux environments for embedded systems utilizing Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), microcontrollers or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Programming examples include: MATLAB, C/C+, Python, etc
• Experience with hardware and device interfaces such as Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP, more); Video, Global Positioning System (GPS) and others
• Travel to off-site locations (CONUS and OCONUS)
• Skilled at anticipating problems, working impromptu customer requirement changes and planning to mitigate them
• Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools such as Cameo or Rhapsody
• Writing or executing Acceptance Test procedures or Quality
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.