Raytheon Technologies Senior Test Hardware Engineer II in McKinney, Texas
Senior Test Hardware Engineer
We have career growth opportunities for a Senior Test Hardware Engineer to join our Test Automation Department in our Manufacturing Center in McKinney, TX.
The Test Automation Department (TAD) is responsible for the design and development of test equipment hardware and software for a wide range of products and customers.
This section supports the design, development, and deployment of test equipment supporting a wide range of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems (ISRS) products and customers.
The TE team is an experienced, agile, and highly motivated team who consistently provides quality, on time, and economical test equipment solutions for our customers. We support both Raytheon-funded and Customer-funded efforts for internal factory test equipment and deliverable test equipment.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be the development of test hardware to exercise and analyze deliverable product. Hardware responsibilities include conceptual and detailed design of test positions, test adapters, circuit cards, and cables. Other responsibilities will include HW integration and post-delivery support of test equipment. The candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions (IPDS and EIs) while working closely with both program and functional supervision to ensure that overall design objectives are met. The candidate must be able to support inception-to-sunset life cycle efforts including proposal generation, conceptual modeling, design, build support, integration, and sell-off activities. The candidate must be a self-starter and willing to take ownership of assignments. The candidate must also be able to prioritize actions and effectively communicate when assistance is required.
• 6+ years Test Hardware experience
• Proficient in the design of test consoles, test adapters, and/or test cables
• Proficient in the integration of test hardware and test software
• Proficient in the development of test equipment drawings
• Proficient in the development of test procedures
• Proficient in the troubleshooting of equipment, circuit boards, cables, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive toward goals
• Proven to work well in a teaming environment
• Self-motivated - willing to engage customers, partners, and suppliers to achieve results
• Possess process discipline, order, and attention to detail
• Currently holds a DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance within the first year
• U.S. Citizenship status is required, as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Desired Skills: Experienced with schematic capture (Mentor Graphics)
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other STEM discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.