Raytheon Technologies Sr Electrical Engineer I - Antenna Design Engineer in McKinney, Texas
Exciting opportunity in Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) as an antenna engineer based in McKinney, Texas, with responsibilities having significant impact, recognition, and growth in the organization.
The engineer will have responsibility for the design, development, and deployment of cutting-edge antennas, radomes, phased array antennas and low observables. The engineer will reside within the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) Antenna Core Products (ACP) department.
The HWEC ACP department is responsible for full-scope Autonomous Design, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions for antenna products, including architecture trades, design, development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of antenna systems and associated integrated system verification solutions. The engineer will implement best practice standards with regard to the planning, coordination, and implementation of antenna design and electromagnetics (EM) modeling with sound engineering process discipline and guidance. The effective candidate will have a thorough foundation and experience in antenna engineering with specific knowledge in phased array antennas, radomes, Low Observable (LO) design, EM modeling techniques and associated best practice resources and processes.
• Minimum of 4 years related work experience.
• Experience with design of antennas, phased arrays, radomes and RF components (frequency-selective surfaces (FSS), radomes, power dividers, couplers, transitions, etc.).
• Design experience using ANSYS Electronics Desktop (HFSS).
• Experience and proficiency in programming, data manipulation, and data visualization in MATLAB.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• An active U.S. Security Clearance.
• Experience with antenna range testing, including Far-Field and Near-Field.
• Experience using AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS and AutoCAD or Mentor Xpedition.
• Design experience using SENTRi, Xpatch.
• Radar Cross-Section (RCS) design, analysis, and measurement experience is preferred.
• Experience with RCS test data post-processing instruments, such as Knowbell or Pioneer.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree
BS and 4 years of experience of experience, MS and 2 years of experience of
Master’s or Ph.D degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.170967
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.