Raytheon Technologies Sr Electrical Engineer - Motion Controls in McKinney, Texas
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
The Electrical Product Team (EPT) provides engineering design, integration and production to Missile, core radar, sonar, torpedo, and combat system competencies including power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas, control actuation system and microwave sub-assemblies.
The Advanced Electrical Products Department (AEP) within the Electrical Product Team (EPT) is responsible for design engineering including the following areas:
• Hardware Engineering
• Digital Subsystems Integration and Test
• Component, ECAD, Proto Development
• FPGA/ASIC Design
• Guidance FPGA Products
• System Power and Analog Controls
The System Power and Analog Controls section is a team of engineers responsible for the design, development and validation of power and actuation (servo) subsystems for various Missile systems and other defense applications, such as: Servo Control Systems, Motor/Power/Process Control, Digital Feedback Systems, Command Generation, Inertial Stabilization, Navigation Algorithms.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer – Motion Control, you will drive the execution of product development projects. You will be working as or with a Team/Technical Lead and under the guidance of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead. This position is located in McKinney, TX.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Designing and evaluating servo control hardware and/or software solutions to meet system operational and performance requirements
• Developing models and controllers for actuation systems (including mechanical subsystems)
• Establishing performance, stability and control metrics along with the algorithms necessary to achieve them
• Supporting system integration efforts
• Ownership and execution of scope, cost and schedule within programs and projects with minimum supervision
• Defining tasks and providing direction to junior-level engineering and staff
• Participating in peer and program reviews as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Other tasks as required by the Section and/or Department Lead
• As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will work in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on execution and engineering excellence, using established business and engineering tools and processes
Up to 10% travel may be required in order to interact with internal/external customers and leadership team members.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position can be a Sr Electrical Engineer or a Principal Electrical Engineer, based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 5+ years’ relevant professional experience
• Control system engineering with electric motors
• Closed-loop position and speed control actuation systems
• Power inverters used as position and speed control drives based on switching devices.
• Electric motors / machines
Qualifications We Value:
• Working knowledge of non-linear systems and control theory
• Siemens/Mentor tools for schematic capture
• Rad-Hard Design experience
• Hands-on experience with PWM or SVM for voltage modulation in power electronics inverters
• Hands-on experience with software (i.e. DSP) or firmware (i.e. FPGA) implementation of vector controllers for electric machines
• Hands-on experience designing power electronics inverters or controlled rectifiers
• Ability to create system models capturing implementation-specific characteristics such as propagation delays, quantization, discrete time, sensor non-linearities, etc.
• Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) systems and their use for motion control applications
• Working knowledge of project management (including EVMS)
• Working knowledge of requirements management (including DOORS)
• Familiarity with commercial or military power input/quality requirements and specifications (DO-160, • MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1399 or MIL-STD-1275)
• Prior experience as engineering Team Lead (hardware, electrical or integration)
• Hands-on experience with 1-100 kW systems (bus voltages in the range of 270-1000 VDC)
• Control system design using Matlab/Simulink or equivalent
• Active DoD security clearance
• Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. 187210
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.