Raytheon Technologies Sr Electrical Engineer - Rad Hard RMDPower in McKinney, Texas
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
We are actively seeking an Electrical Design Engineering professional to assume a key role as a member of the Advanced Electrical Products elite team of engineers. This role is in McKinney, TX.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Designing, analyzing, simulating, and test power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted power end use applications. Analysis skills should include thermal considerations.
Architecture of circuit card-level power schemes and developing related requirements.
Guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
Performing design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes defining the schedule.
Presenting reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff, and guiding junior engineers in honing this skill.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DoD Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Note: This position can be a Sr. Electrical Engineer II or Principal Electrical Engineer based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements of the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• 6+ years’ relevant professional experience
• Design, analysis, simulation, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost.
• Conceptual familiarity with any two of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull. Design scope must include stability.
And, professional experience in any 3 of the following areas:
• Design, analysis, and test with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits
• Performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, including power converter specification development
• Predicting parameter degradation in rad-hard environments
• Modelling transient effects in rad-hard environments
• Designing rad hard circumvention and recovery techniques
• Handling single event latch up
• Understanding the design implications of ionizing dose vs single event effects
A minimum of 6 years of applied experience with a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
Qualifications We Value:
• Understanding of space environments and man-made radiation environments
• Understanding of X and Gamma rays, and how they apply to rad-hard designs
• Familiarity with circuit simulator SIMPLIS and/or analysis tool Mathcad
• Reading and applying the results of radiation test reports
• Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx
• Digital power control
• Transformer and inductor design considerations
• Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) concerns and
• Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power > 10kW
• Program management tools such as Earned Value
• Proposal development and support
• Strong interpersonal communication and collaborative skills
• Able to design to meet concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural, mechanical, reliability, and quality
KEY WORDS: Design, analysis, simulation, test, linear converters, topologies, buck, boost, buck-boost, flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull, analog electronic design, FET, BJT,Op-amp circuits, circuit card assembly, level power architecture trades, parameter degradation, rad-hard, modelling transient effects, circumvention, single event latch up, ionizing dose, single event effects
What We Offer :
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.