Raytheon Technologies Sr Principal Electrical Engineer - LO Observable Antenna Designer in McKinney, Texas
This requisition is for future work, if you meet the requirements you will be contacted by the recruiter.
We are searching for an LO Antenna Design SME.
The preferred candidate would require Tech Fellow to Principle level engineering expertise in Antenna Design with expertise in LO Antenna Design.
Not looking for interns or new grads.
Exciting opportunity in Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) as an antenna engineer based in McKinney, Texas, with responsibilities having significant impact, recognition, and growth in the organization.
The engineer will have responsibility for the design, development, and deployment of cutting-edge antennas, radomes, phased array antennas and low observables. The engineer will reside within the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) Antenna Core Products (ACP) department.
The HWEC ACP department is responsible for full-scope Autonomous Design, Verification & Validation (IV&V) solutions for antenna products, including architecture trades, design, development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of antenna systems and associated integrated system verification solutions. The engineer will implement best practice standards with regard to the planning, coordination, and implementation of antenna design and electromagnetics (EM) modeling with sound engineering process discipline and direction.
The effective candidate will have a thorough foundation and experience in antenna engineering with significant knowledge in phased array antennas, radomes, Low Observable (LO) antenna design, EM modeling techniques, radomes, and associated best practice instruments, materials and processes to integrate into airborne platforms.
• Minimum of 10 years related work experience.
• Design experience using ANSYS Electronics Desktop (HFSS), MATLAB, SENTRi, Xpatch or similar.
• Experience with design of antennas, phased array antennas, radomes and RF components such as frequency-selective surfaces (FSS), power dividers, couplers, transitions, etc.
• Hands-on design and realization of state-of-the-art LO antennas and RF components.
• Deep background in the field of Electromagnetics and Radar Cross Section (RCS) reduction of radomes and antennas
• Antenna range testing including Far-Field and RCS.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
• Experience using AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, AutoCAD, ACAD, FEKO, and Mentor Xpedition.
• Experience with RCS test data post-processing instruments, such as Knowbell or Pioneer.
• Lead a multi-disciplinary (RF, Mechanical, I&T, Manufacturing, Thermal, Digital, etc.) team to design, analyze, create and test antenna products, resolve compatibility and interface problems with other subsystems, and realize complex system architectures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Assist with the preparation and delivery of presentations to internal and external customers.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree
BS and 10 years of experience, MS and 8 years of experience, PhD and 6 years of experience.
Desired Education: Master’s or Ph.D degree in engineering, science, mathematics or related technical degree
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.172392
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.