Raytheon Technologies Sr Systems Integration and Test Engineer in McKinney, Texas
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join the Multi-Function Radio Frequency System (MFRFS) Systems Engineering team in McKinney, TX.
The Sr Systems Integration and Test Engineer will be a member of a highly visible team of engineers supporting system engineering, integration, and test expertise to the radar, sensor and ship systems programs. The Sr Systems Integration and Test Engineer ensures the delivered products function as designed. This includes developing and implementing test methodologies for these products as well as supporting the build and test efforts within a factory environment. The delivered products utilize digital, analog, and RF building blocks, which interface with each other and the outside world through firmware and software. The Sr Systems Integration and Test Engineer needs an understanding of these interfaces as they relate to ground-based radar systems.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
• Primary liaison between Integration & Test team, Program Management and Customer
• Coordinating Integration & Test activities to include planning, design and execution of integration and verification tests, data analysis, and reporting for the program
• Manage and report weekly cost and schedule progress
• Lead the investigation and resolution of any issues or anomalies that may come up during integration activities
• Prepare plans, procedures, and test cases
• Mitigate risks, capitalizing on project opportunities and avoiding scope creep
• Managing customer expectations
The Sr Systems Integration and Test Engineer will perform technically challenging assignments, which will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our warfighters. Travel to support demonstrations and customer tests at US Government field test sites may be required.
This position can be a Sr Systems or Principal Systems Engineer, based on the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
Qualifications You Must Have:
• Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Science or related STEM field
• 5+ years of systems engineering and/or integration and test of DoD radar systems
• Ability to create integration plans, test scripts, and/or conducting performance analysis
• Experience with programming in one or more of the following; MATLAB, C/C++, Python, or other programming language
• Experience as a test lead for integration efforts that involved directing events, ensuring technical rigor and processes are adhered to during execution and data analysis
An Active DoD US security clearance is required prior to hire. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
• Integration and test of Military/DoD ground-based radar systems: integrating hardware and software, network testing Test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
• Engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
• Generating test applications (i.e., test software) to automate the control of test equipment and the analysis of subsystem hardware production test results
• Diagnosing test failures in RF hardware
• Developing technical data packages and procuring material and/or services
• Interpersonal skills - written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills
• Earned Value experience
• Experience with DOORS or related database
• Experience with Microsoft applications
• Effective written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related discipline is desired.
KEYWORDS: engineering, integration, test, DoD, radar, RF, sensor, Systems Engineer, system test, test equipment, calibration, instrumentation, stimulus application, requirements development, planning, execution, analysis, verification, firmware, software, STE hardware
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.